Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Tracking Turned On and wont switch off!

(Topic created on: 13-02-2020 10:26 AM)
benji111
First Poster
Options

Hello! After managing to loose my s9 and it being returned (thank you!) i stopped tracking however on my phone im getting the message 'Find my mobile' Location Tracking turned on every few minutes. As far as i can tell the Find my phone website reports that tracking is off.

Any ideas ? Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21
Muhammad_Azeem
First Poster
Options

Basiclly , This Feature Loacte Your Mobile Phone After Every 15 Minutes If Connected With Internet.

For Turning Off Location Notification On Mobile

Go to,

https://findmymobile.samsung.com/    (home site)

Sign In Which User You Want To Stop Notification On Mobile

GoTo  ->  Track location

Click  -> Stop

Track Location Stop Will B Stop Notification On Mobile

It Works On Note 10+

0 Likes
dd28
First Poster
Options
Thanks - been bugging me for a month!
ipoh
First Poster
Options

That does tnot work!!

This is a bug.. that samsung is choosing not to fix!!

JagN9
First Poster
Options

Tried everything suggested in this thread and it simply will not stop sending me notifications.

Switched off notifications in apps setting. Switched off Google location service. When I log into my Samsung account it is still tracking me.

I look in Google location services and the function switches itself back on without my consent.

0 Likes
Judy2
First Poster
Options

I cannot turn off tracking on my A7. It keeps on telling me to go to find my mobile. 

Please assist me to turn it off.

Thank you Judy

0 Likes
JagN9
First Poster
Options

I believe the problem is solved when you log in to galaxy store and update store, cloud etc. You should then be able to switch it off.

0 Likes
Jimmy1234
First Poster
Options

Try logging out of the Samsung account located in the options, accounts then remove the account. Restart the phone, you can now log back in to samsung account in accounts. If that dont work, unlock the developer options and go to the running services icon, find Samsung find my phone and stop services. 

0 Likes
Athrong_David
First Poster
Options

I've the same issue with my J7 Max.

0 Likes
MichD
First Poster
Options

I also have this problem and have turned the phone off and on many times over many months.   I have even phoned the 24/7 Samsung S9 who un-surprisingly could not help.

I have to say, the S9 is not a well desgned/coded phone.   

@strawberry cake wrote:

Hi

Possibly you've sent so many requests that the server got flooded, possibly. Please give your phone a simple restart, the messages should be gone in a day or two. Nice to learn that you've gotten your phone back!

Thanks ☺

An illustration of how difficult the S9 is - an automated reply here that has not read my comment and does not know that I have rebooted the phone dozens of times.

0 Likes
justiicce01
First Poster
Options

This Worked. Thanks ! 

0 Likes