Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left screen edge not responding to touch

(Topic created on: 10-08-2020 07:47 AM)
hellbraker
Student
Options

Hi, 

The device was perfect till yesterday, but now, the display does not recognize my touch on the left side from top to bottom. As a result for example I can't type "1"  ""Q "A" "Shift" and symbols on keyboard. I can't go back if I'm on an app, "Settings" or anything that has a back arrow at the top left.

There is no issues with any other areas of the screen. Any solutions other than taking it to the Service Centre?

Thanks a million

PS: I performed the "Interactive checks" for "Touch screen"  where all squares changed to blue colour. Wonder what's wrong.

7 REPLIES 7
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

My s9 came with an adapter for usb to type c. I have a wireless logitech keyboard with mouse control that I've used and i just tried a usb mouse and both were able to use my phone like a computer with a mouse cursor.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Do you have access to the system test, this test shows a black line where you have been able to write so you can see if an area is unavailable more accurately then Samsung members 

Open your Phone app and call *#0*# and select touch.

If your unable to complete the test volume up exits

0 Likes
hellbraker
Student
Options

Just tried it. External mouse works but not the edge of the screen. However, the solution is impractical. But thanks anyways.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

hit the (3 dots) on the keyboard when it first opens and change the mode to one handed or floating. Or resize the keyboard so it doesn't touch the area that's not working.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

I was still getting the other part together about the keyboard, use the mouse to resize your keyboard if you can't access that section of your phone.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

If your able to get good lock and navstar then you can make a custom button order for your back home and recent buttons. You can make a new configuration to be right aligned so that your system buttons will no longer be in the affected area.

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

I thought it said bottom left, is your auto rotation on? If you rotate an app you should be able to press the back button then.

Or try setting>advanced features>one handed mode. This shrinks down your screen to one side. Just found this option.

Hope this all helps

0 Likes
Members_6nkDPbt
First Poster
Options

I'm having same issue. Left edge on my galaxy s9 not working suddenly. 

0 Likes