Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED notification not working after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 01:09 PM)
Koki1
Explorer
Options

Hello,

After Android 10 update, LED notification do not work anymore. I did Factory Reset - not helpfull. I booted phone in Safe mode - not helpfull.

I discovered, it has some connection to EdgeLighting. If Edge Lighting is Off, LED notification is not working at all.

If EdgeLighting is On, than for supported apps by EdgeLighting, LED is working, too (ex. Viber, Messages...), but it doesn work for Missed call.

Somebody help?

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
Koki1
Explorer
Options

Dears,

Today I received April security patch + SW update. After update installed, I made Wipe Cache Partition and phone restart.

It has fixed LED notification issue. It is working for missed calls, now.

0 Likes
ripjean
First Poster
Options

I have figured out my issue - I have a Note 9 not S9.  I have no idea how I mixed up forums!

However,  I can't help but wonder why Samsung has not fixed this on the Note 9 when they have on S9.  Hopefully in the next update.

0 Likes
Dean-S9User
First Poster
Options

I just received a new update today and the LED missed call feature still doesn't work, any suggestions?

0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options

@Dean-S9User 

Hello.

1. Try to turn off/on LED indicator option

2. Try to do Wipe Cache partion

I did both of steps, it works fine.

0 Likes
Dean-S9User
First Poster
Options

I turned the LED indicator slide switch off and back on and then wiped the cache and then turned the LED indicator slide switch off and on again and it still isn't working. I have an S9 do you have the same model?

0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options

@Dean-S9User 

I have S9+

I have checked one more time, LED indicator is really working for missed calls. LED colour is green.

0 Likes
Dean-S9User
First Poster
Options

Thanks, not sure why my phone is not working. LED indicator slide switch is on under notifications and phone app notifications missed calls blink light slide switch is on. I guess I will just have to live with the important feature for now.

0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options

@Dean-S9User 

One more idea...

Before you get "missed call", make sure screen is off. "Screen off" status is must-condition for LED to work.

0 Likes
Dean-S9User
First Poster
Options

I think my phone app is corrupted, under the "App notifications" screen for the phone app, the main slide switch called "Show Notifications" is in light blue and will not turn on. In the same place for the messages app in the "App notifications" screen, the main slide switch called "Show notifications" is dark blue and can be turned off and on.

Is there a way to uninstall the system phone app and reinstall it? It doesn't show up in the list of installed apps in the Play Store or the Galaxy Store.

0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options

@Dean-S9User 

"phone app, the main slide switch called "Show Notifications" is in light blue and will not turn on. In the same place for the messages app in the "App notifications" screen, the main slide switch called "Show notifications" is dark blue and can be turned off and on."

In my case, it is just same as your phone condition...

0 Likes