Original topic:

LED notification not working after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 10/02/20 14:09)
Koki1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hello,

After Android 10 update, LED notification do not work anymore. I did Factory Reset - not helpfull. I booted phone in Safe mode - not helpfull.

I discovered, it has some connection to EdgeLighting. If Edge Lighting is Off, LED notification is not working at all.

If EdgeLighting is On, than for supported apps by EdgeLighting, LED is working, too (ex. Viber, Messages...), but it doesn work for Missed call.

Somebody help?

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
JohnBin
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
That seems like a serious issue. Did you fix it? Is this a solo case or happens to everyone? I'm still at android 9, because I don't want to miss the motion effect that was deleted in OneUi2.
0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Hi,

It is worldwide. Many customers claim about that issue. So far, not fixed...
angelus1985r
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
After updating S9 S9+ Note9 to android 10, the notification LED does not work properly.

I found the cause of the problem. There is a conflict between the notification LED and Edge light. If Edge light is off, the notification LED for missed calls will work. However, it does not work for messages and other applications that use Edge light. If Edge light is turned on, stops working for missed calls and works for applications using Edge light. It also happens that after a few reboots of the phone, the LED for missed calls starts flashing green and then completely stops working and turning off/on Edge light no longer helps.
Koki1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thanks for your answer.

All you mentioned, is not working for me 😞

0 Likes
Dean-S9User
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, I turned the edge light off, rebooted my phone and the LED notification still doesn't work on missed calls.

0 Likes
angelus1985r
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Please send a bug report via the Samsung Members app is the quickest way to fix it.

0 Likes
Koki1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

of course I did it.

Samsug reply: " It is not common issue. Please visit Samsung Service center for help".

JohnBin
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Oh... my God! That reply for an issue that, as I understand, is universal...

0 Likes
angelus1985r
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have the same problem now. It doesn't work anymore after a few reboots and there is no way to solve this problem. This is an update bug and samsung must fix it !!!

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9/Android-10-Update-LED-notification-not-working-anymore...

angelus1985r
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Shame on Samsung .. such bug should not take place in a business phone for 1000 euros or should be repaired immediately !!!

Robinl
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Only hammering them on Samsung members might have an impact since nobody from Samsung actually cares about the official forums...

0 Likes
Spiffy
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

0 Likes
Spiffy
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The Latest phones do not have an LED.  I am pretty sure the latest phones use Edge Lighting.

Becase new phones do not use the LED.   LED support WAS NOT INCLUED in the Android 10 Update.

I reported this issue and Samsung is aware of it.   The More we complain about it the more apt (I hope) Samsung will work on it.

This is a maintainance issue for Samsung.   This is to keep old phones working.   Of course, what most large companies are concerned with is what make money for the next quarter.   This means the accounts that get the funding are new product release.  We have to scream bloody murder to get our 'old' devices working.

0 Likes
JohnBin
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It's ok people. We have legal rights in the end...

0 Likes
Spiffy
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Well I started a Twitter #SamsungBrokenLED    I think we have to scream any way we can

Vester
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I had the same issue since the new update, I went round in circles with resets/clear catch/customer service and YouTube. I was advised by Samsung to wait for a update that will fix the issue but they was not sure when it was being released.
In the end I once again removed the phone from the case and then put the case back on with the message appearing again (congratulations with new case) this time I downloaded a FREE theme and the case started working. I hope this will fix others with the same LED issue.
0 Likes
JohnBin
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Ahem... this thread is about the led light of the phone.

0 Likes
Vester
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Opps🙈 earned my rookie badge!
0 Likes
angelus1985r
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The LED notification error has finally been fixed in the April update !!! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Dean-S9User
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I had a security update in early April, but this didn't fix the issue. If you had an update on Sunday, anyone else and I who hasn't received this update yet will get this soon which will fix this issue.

0 Likes