Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED notification not working after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 22-03-2020 08:08 PM)
Koki1
Explorer
Options

Hello,

After Android 10 update, LED notification do not work anymore. I did Factory Reset - not helpfull. I booted phone in Safe mode - not helpfull.

I discovered, it has some connection to EdgeLighting. If Edge Lighting is Off, LED notification is not working at all.

If EdgeLighting is On, than for supported apps by EdgeLighting, LED is working, too (ex. Viber, Messages...), but it doesn work for Missed call.

Somebody help?

0 Likes
40 REPLIES 40
Robinl
Pioneer
Options

Only hammering them on Samsung members might have an impact since nobody from Samsung actually cares about the official forums...

0 Likes
Spiffy
Apprentice
Options

The Latest phones do not have an LED.  I am pretty sure the latest phones use Edge Lighting.

Becase new phones do not use the LED.   LED support WAS NOT INCLUED in the Android 10 Update.

I reported this issue and Samsung is aware of it.   The More we complain about it the more apt (I hope) Samsung will work on it.

This is a maintainance issue for Samsung.   This is to keep old phones working.   Of course, what most large companies are concerned with is what make money for the next quarter.   This means the accounts that get the funding are new product release.  We have to scream bloody murder to get our 'old' devices working.

0 Likes
JohnBin
Journeyman
Options

It's ok people. We have legal rights in the end...

0 Likes
Spiffy
Apprentice
Options

Well I started a Twitter #SamsungBrokenLED    I think we have to scream any way we can

Spiffy
Apprentice
Options

0 Likes
Vester
First Poster
Options
I had the same issue since the new update, I went round in circles with resets/clear catch/customer service and YouTube. I was advised by Samsung to wait for a update that will fix the issue but they was not sure when it was being released.
In the end I once again removed the phone from the case and then put the case back on with the message appearing again (congratulations with new case) this time I downloaded a FREE theme and the case started working. I hope this will fix others with the same LED issue.
0 Likes
JohnBin
Journeyman
Options

Ahem... this thread is about the led light of the phone.

0 Likes
Vester
First Poster
Options
Opps🙈 earned my rookie badge!
0 Likes
Dean-S9User
First Poster
Options

Hi, I turned the edge light off, rebooted my phone and the LED notification still doesn't work on missed calls.

0 Likes
angelus1985r
Explorer
Options

The LED notification error has finally been fixed in the April update !!! :smiling-face:

0 Likes