Did you mean: 

Issues with S9+

(Topic created on: 28-12-2020 11:44 AM)
E_Y_S9_Plus
Student
Options

Hello all

I have a number of annoying issues on my S9+

I can't take screenshots - it comes up with a message saying Can't take screenshot due to security policy

I can't use snip and sketch - comes up with black image

Music won't play for more than two minutes without stopping

These are really annoying.... can anyone help me solve them??

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pampoo
Pioneer
Options
Hi, Mate!

Please do know that some applications or secure content cannot be taken using screen shot due to security and privacy policy of an application or depends on the country restriction.

For the snip and sketch, are you referring on the Gallery app or a 3rd party application? If Gallery app, the possible troubleshooting steps would be are:
1. Check update on the Galaxy Store or Google Playstore.
2. If the option one is not available, please clear the cache or data if Gallery app( stored photos are not affected since it is saved on internal storage/SD card ). To clear cache or data, please go to Settings> Apps> 3 dot menu> Show System app> Gallery App> Storage.
3. Check update through Settings> Software Update> Download and install.
4. If updated, please clear the cache partition or perform factory data reset on your phone. Before you proceed, please backup and remove the Google Account on your phone.
a. To perform reset or clear cache, run your phone to recovery mode: turn off your phone> once turn off, please press and hold the power + bixby button + volume up (10 seconds). Once you're on recovery mode, please use volume keys to navigate and power button to select.

If this might not work, please send software feedback to Samsung developers through Samsung Members App.

Thank you!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Usually if that security message pops up in regards to a screenshot then it's something to do with banking apps or an app that holds private info protected from screen shoots.

This is not meant to be circumvented.

Your music files maybe corrupted.

Which music app do you use and how did you transfer the music onto your phone.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic @E_Y_S9_Plus 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
E_Y_S9_Plus
Student
Options

Sorry I mean Smart Select

0 Likes
E_Y_S9_Plus
Student
Options

It doesn't matter what app I'm on or even the home screen - it always comes up with the same message

I transferred the music files from my PC via USB and was using VLC (I have looked online for this app and noone seems to have the same problem)

Tried clearing cache, rebooting, updating and nothing has worked

I don't think the files are corrupted becuase I got them from a lot of different sources

0 Likes
Reginard
Pathfinder
Options

Your issues with the music may be due to battery optimisation

To check/fix, go to

Settings

Apps

Scroll to your music playing app & select

Battery

Optimise Battery Usage

change Appss not Optimised to All Apps

Scroll down to your music playing app and turn the slider to off

E_Y_S9_Plus
Student
Options
Thanks thats one problem sorted
0 Likes
Reginard
Pathfinder
Options

The only time I have had the screen cap problem you mentioned is when using a banking app where the app itself prevented a screenshot being taken.  However, I did find the web page below that has sme advice that may help: 

https://www.lifewire.com/android-screenshot-not-working-fixes-4586908

It's fairly general, though, and the only thing I can add is to make sure that the security policy is up to date:

Settings

Biometrics and Security

Other Security Settings

Security Policy Updates

0 Likes
E_Y_S9_Plus
Student
Options
Thanks for your time but none of this changes anything
I have spoken to my organisation about it but they say that although is an option to disable screenshots in their console it hasn't been checked so that can't be the problem
0 Likes
Browney60
First Poster
Options
Hi, my samsung S9 won't take me to websites from my screenshots, can anybody advise me how to correct this?
Thanks in Advance.
0 Likes