Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is there a way to stop the newest software update?

(Topic created on: 18-03-2019 03:22 AM)
Freedom_ski
Apprentice
Options

I've seen how awful it is and I've been able to put it off, but my phone just said it'll update next time my phone is off or in about a week at 2am or something. Or if there isn't a way to stop it would doing a factory reset once it updates help? But I don't really want to go through and set my phone back up the way I currently have it. Any help? Thanks!

67 REPLIES 67
Arrebel13
Apprentice
Options

Sorry but Samsung has put in one of their updates that makes that auto update button useless. It no longer stops auto updates. At the moment there us no current way to disable Samsung has disabled all options to stop their updates. Other then messing with the registry or some app or a jailbreak and a third party app users are now forced to take updates.

Take this from a 30 year pc tech.

0 Likes
Arrebel13
Apprentice
Options
It wont, they disabled that button. It does nothing.
0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

If you're no longer on oreo there's not really any point in stopping the updates anyway. 

0 Likes
Reymund602
First Poster
Options

Actually it does work. Take this from an individual whom has done this more than once and can provide video proof of this method working. Your  30+ years of experience don't mean anything if you cannot show anything for it. This method is safe, on both S10 5G and Note 10+ 5G on Android 9 this method has worked flawlessly.  I have the biometric update pending as well as the security and OS updates blocked. 

0 Likes
Reymund602
First Poster
Options

There is a point in stopping the updates. You can choose to stay on android 9, avoid 10 or any further system updates. 

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

My phone runs better on 10 than it did on 9 and my battery life is much the same as on oreo. I stayed on oreo for a long time. 

Plus we should be getting pro video back with UI 2.1 when it appears. 

Only reason I ever stopped the updates was to stay on oreo, don't really see the point after that. 

0 Likes
Reymund602
First Poster
Options

TADownloader (com.samsung.android.tadownloader) is a process used at  device startup for the biometric update. When disabled this process is no longer ran and cannot retrieve updates for the biometric scanner at device startup thus dismissing the update nag for the biometric/security update in the notification panel. 

System Updates (com.samsung.sdm) is the process that samsung uses to connect to the servers to retrieve system software information of the device. Upon verification of device via baseband, OS, kernel, etc the device gets applicable OS Updates. By disabling this process you eliminate system updates. 

System Updates UI (com.samung.sdmviewer) is the process that enables the user to have an interface to check for system updates and manually install them. By disabling this process you can longer manually install system updates, or check for them. The option is available in system settings but can no longer be interacted with and be redirected to the sub menu where a user would check/manually install updates. 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

0 Likes
Arrebel13
Apprentice
Options

Yes just as I stated in my other post. Said the update button is useless.

0 Likes
Arrebel13
Apprentice
Options
Will not works on S9 or S9 + take this from a 30 year pc tech. I to can make you a video proving this.
0 Likes