Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is there a way to stop the newest software update?

(Topic created on: 18/03/19 04:22)
Freedom_ski
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I've seen how awful it is and I've been able to put it off, but my phone just said it'll update next time my phone is off or in about a week at 2am or something. Or if there isn't a way to stop it would doing a factory reset once it updates help? But I don't really want to go through and set my phone back up the way I currently have it. Any help? Thanks!

66 REPLIES 66
Je655
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Get package disabler for Samsung. Im currently using version 15.2 and it works on my s9 very easily. Just disable the following packages and the forced updates & notifications will instantly disappear forever. 

Navigator

disable this packages 

com.sec.android.soagent

com.wssyncmldm"

If you have root access and want to disable the apps

SOAgent.apk

FotaAgent.apk

Be very careful what you disable!!! and backup your data before changing any major system settings. ( if you disable the wrong program/package your phone could be stuck in a boot loop and need to be factory resetScreenshot_20200118-025342_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

Je655
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=98312592863715617598

Package disabler for samsung version 15.2

Smita
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi will this stop the software update notification on notification bar completely forever?

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yes it will tested on my Samsung s9

0 Likes
bigcwood79
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you for this. Simple instructions and this is preventing system updates and irritating notification. Package Disabler app worked perfectly and was definitely worth the $3. I used this on my A50 as the new update (Android 10) was causing my device to disconnect and not reconnect to the network for data usage (save for a full reboot).

Je655
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Why did it cost 3$? I provided a link earlier on in the post with a free way to the app. package disabler download working on my s9 SM-G960U still on android 9 http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=98312592863715617598

0 Likes
bigcwood79
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I got it from the Play Store for $3. Appreciate the free link too. Overlooked that. Oops. IMO it's worth the $3 regardless. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oscar71
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you 👏

TheTruth
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you.  Galaxy A20.  It removed the "software update" message on my pull down.  "Software Update" no longer appears in system apps, only in blue when you first press settings button.  Will know in a few days if all is well, if the forced update message doesn't appear again.

Motobandit69
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi

So I'm on the phone with Samsung tech support now on this exact issue.

On the one UI Samsung have intentionally and negligently imho removed all options in setting a and in the developer options from disabling auto system updates 

I got a first warning from my boss today as my phone automatically went into a system updated that ran for approx 45 min. No control. No warning. It happened during my work hours and my boss was furious I wasn't on the call. He didn't believe me when I told him it's my phone and Samsung have locked that option out 

Am returning the phone to a repair centre Tomo and calling breach of contract. I can't have a phone controlling when I do updates or if I want to do updates.

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The option is still in developer settings in android 10 Screenshot_20200224-130153_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Oscar71
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Its gone now after August 1 update

0 Likes
Motobandit69
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yes I see that too but regardless whether you toggle it on or off it doesn't work. The system upgrade auto automatically downloads (it happened to me today and I had everything off)

Called Samsung and they (mobile phone tech support) confirmed for enhancing consumer experience they have totally removed the option for customer to schedule a system update or stop a system update in the settings and disabled all developer options that gave a consumer control on system updates.

My phone was hijacked at 3.40 pm today and I missed a call I had scheduled at 4 because the system was still updating

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Did you already try the package disabler apk? I posted a link and a picture of the apps you need to disable above.

Enjay
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Motobandit69 wrote:

Called Samsung and they (mobile phone tech support) confirmed for enhancing consumer experience

I'm not really sure how that's enhancing! Must be a language barrier 🤣

Arrebel13
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Sorry but Samsung has put in one of their updates that makes that auto update button useless. It no longer stops auto updates. At the moment there us no current way to disable Samsung has disabled all options to stop their updates. Other then messing with the registry or some app or a jailbreak and a third party app users are now forced to take updates.

Take this from a 30 year pc tech.

0 Likes
Reymund602
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Actually it does work. Take this from an individual whom has done this more than once and can provide video proof of this method working. Your  30+ years of experience don't mean anything if you cannot show anything for it. This method is safe, on both S10 5G and Note 10+ 5G on Android 9 this method has worked flawlessly.  I have the biometric update pending as well as the security and OS updates blocked. 

0 Likes
Arrebel13
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Will not works on S9 or S9 + take this from a 30 year pc tech. I to can make you a video proving this.
0 Likes
BaTTaN
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You are wrong sir! It mosty certianly does not work at least for my Verizon Samsung Note 10+ sm-n976v as I disabled everything but com.wssyncmldm as it did not exist on my fresh insurance replacment three days ago and woke up to the System Update now or later nag screen this morning. I have since spoke with not only version tech support but samsung and samsung informed me that they push OTA updates regardless of device settings at least for this model.

bigcwood79
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Screenshot_20200607-083011_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200607-082946_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200607-083032_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

I see you're having a rough time. Sorry. I'm not wrong, sir/ma'am, (at least for my device) regardless what tech support says. I've included the above screenshots to verify I'm still on Android 9 and One UI 1.1 and what was disabled in package disabler pro. Sounds like something didn't get disabled properly on your device. Hope this helps.

Je655
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Your Samsung note 10 has another name for it's software update apk. com.wssyncmldm is for Samsung s9 and a few other devices. Try doing a search in package disabler for update and look for any other app that includes software/system update. (Also another user posted about the note 10 that disabling TA downloader helped, so search for that also)

The Samsung s9 get pushed OTA updates also. The update gets pushed to Samsung update app then gets installed on your phone. But blocking there software app disables the update from reaching your phone.

Screenshot_20200607-102039_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

0 Likes