Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Is it possible to change the background of messages?

(Topic created on: 17-03-2018 07:33 PM)
CFCluvver32
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So I got my S9+ this morning (upgrading from an S8) and I noticed the option to change the background of messages is gone. Has this feature been removed or is it still available under another menu? It's a shame that I can't find it because I really liked that feature from the S8. 

Thanks in advance for any help given.

175 REPLIES 175
Tamstark6
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

S7 did update last nite and text message background gone, no optin to change it anymore either.  Not a good move on their part.  Please let us have this option back.  If anyone has a way to do it please let us know.

Arsteel2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Interesting because my phone updated today and now I'm suffering from this problem! Fix it samsung SOON!!!

0 Likes
VOICEOFGODSLOVE
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Update to my last post.  After downloading Verizon Message I was not able to fully customize the program.   It lets you change the bubble and color of your recipient but keeps the color of the horrible blue that Samsung has on theirs with no option to change.   So I downloaded Texta and it works great.  I tried the Staying Alive app to keep the screen on while on phone calls but it didn't work.  I then downloaded Keep screen on app and it works like a charm!  Samsung keeps soliciting us to fill out their surveys remarking on them that they really care, but they sure aren't showing it.  

0 Likes
Zedix
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Really hoping the backgrounds gets reinstated soon, just updated my S7 a few hours ago to find the app is now 200% harder to use. I'm rather sensitive to white light and with the white text and white background it had become difficult to text. As for themes, imo, they all suck, nothing like what I had and I doubt my taste would be allowed on the theme market anyhow. At the very least they should have let us change the colors or implemented some sort of "dark mode" like everyone else has.

0 Likes
mimefan
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

My S7 force updated yesterday (gee, thanks-- I was at work and low on battery), and the first thing I noticed was the change in Messages background.  The white on white is so annoying and just one more hassle that assaults our eyesight-- If there isn't a reasonable solution soon-- a dark option or a free theme with only messaging dark-- I will change to some other messaging app, and start considering other companies for my next phone.  Samsung really shouldn't take away features. They got plenty of warning in this thread that people hated what they have done with this "upgrade."  So they roll it out to millions more phones with no fix? Now we all get to be angry with Samsung multiple times a day.  

0 Likes
Ndj
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

im disapointed as Samsung they have removed so much 

this messages is there way of forcing people to use there thems 

well they removed software such as movie editor  hardware the phone is fine but when a lower spec phone has more features then its a joke Samsung stop being like Apple 

0 Likes
Meabon83
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So is Samsung going to fix the issue of not being able to customize your messages background? I do not want to use a theme. Bring it back please!

0 Likes
Catherinef
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I just got my Note9 and habe spent ages trying to find where I cam customise my messages and habe read others with the same issues. This is dissapointing that this feature has been removed. Can we get samsung to add this feature back?

0 Likes
Ndj
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have tried some custom changers but only found one that worked but was not happy with the permissions so i removed i can get removing apps but removing this to force us to download a theme is a cheap trick

0 Likes
drumhound
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Sadly, it isn't just the the S9. When Samsung updated my Messages on my S7 it did the same thing. Lost a memorial tribute to my son who passed away. Didn't make me happy at all. 

0 Likes