Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Blurry/Grainy screen on S9

(Topic created on: 23-09-2019 12:58 PM)
Turbo1
Explorer
Options

Problem started occurring about 7-10 days ago, around the same time as latest firware upgrade, but unsure if related. Images through Photo lens also look blurry/grainy when problem occurs on handset display, and any photos taken during a blurry/grainy espisode are no good.

Confirm screen dislay is set to Adaptive (as suggested by Samsung care today) and I'm reluctant to reboot with default settings, unless absolutely necessay, so I'm raising the problem within the community. And suggestions for a fix?

18 REPLIES 18
Ryan107
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue

0 Likes
WWooster
First Poster
Options

Partially resolved this issue using the always on display.

0 Likes
jonathan05
First Poster
Options

Same issue here.. Any solution for this

0 Likes
BrenH79
Student
Options
its the screen I had to get mine replaced
0 Likes
Kotze101
First Poster
Options

I experienced the same issue today on my S9 after trying to unlock it again quickly after it was locked. Upon restarting the display is fine again for a few seconds but then goes back to being hazy shortly after. Switching the Always On setting on as previously mentioned does seem to work occasionally. 

Has anyone tried a factory reset perhaps yet?

0 Likes
Doingler
First Poster
Options

has anybody here tried flashing a custom os yet, or downgrading it to android 9 again? 

0 Likes
Doingler
First Poster
Options

hows the new screen working out for you in android 10? was it at the same version as when you had your old screen

0 Likes
Doingler
First Poster
Options

well im about to purchase pne with this same problem and try flashing different firmware and go from there. i will come back here with a solution and atleast have an anwser regarding weather or not its a software problem or a hardware issue. if you know how to root and unlock bootloader then try different os if possible 

0 Likes
Members_bwwRVgd
First Poster
Options

Similar issue of blury / yellow-ish   / sometimes almost completely blackened screen after pressing the power button to put screen on. After several attempts screen on - off- on-off it sometimes gets to refular screen & image quality. But I see thre is no help on this thread thst started back in 2019...is it simply an aging issue, questionning the reliability of Samsung devices? It's annoying in certain circumstances when one need to access content (travel ticket, etc.) Quickly.

0 Likes