Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent black screen after unlock

(Topic created on: 09-11-2022 01:36 PM)
SimonG20
First Poster
Options

Hi.  My S9+ has developed an intermittent problem that after unlocking the display shows as expected but only for a fraction of a second, then goes black.  I think the buttons are continuing to work, but just nothing displayed.  Wait a minute (probably for screen to timeout) and pressing the power button will very briefly flash the correct display before going black again.

Wait 5+ minutes and unlock the phone again and it *may* be OK.  It's happening about half of the time when unlocking. 

I've tried a forced restart (power and vol down), but no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Simon

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@SimonG20: Please can you try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now. Following these steps, press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. This will perform a Soft Reset, and address any temporary software issues. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. I also recommend uninstalling any recently added applications to see if you notice an improvement. 

0 Likes
SimonG20
First Poster
Options
Hi Andrew
Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately I've still got the issue after the process you suggest. I haven't yet uninstalled recent apps, but is there anything else you could suggest before I go for factory reset?
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @SimonG20. Thanks for keeping us updated. Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your S9+ to see if it helps you resolve this intermittent display issue?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

0 Likes
SimonG20
First Poster
Options

Thanks, Paul.  I've tried that but still no success.  I think I'm heading for factory reset...

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

You're welcome, @SimonG20. Did the Factory reset help you resolve the issue?

0 Likes
Shadrachbeba
Student
Options

I am experiencing the same issue with my S9. Any ideas?

0 Likes