Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming callers can't hear me

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 07:07 AM)
KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
Following the Samsung update yesterday, any incoming callers cannot hear me. I have to call them back, then they can hear me perfectly fine. Any advice is much appreciated
116 REPLIES 116
MikulShah
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with Note10+ after the recent software update, i cannot hear the caller on all incoming calls, i have to hang up and call them back, and then its ok.

KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
Have you tried turning loud speaker on & off? That works for me. We shouldn't have to do that, but it's a work around for now. Especially if it's an unknown number. You wouldn't know who to call
MikulShah
Apprentice
Options

Yes, i have tried that. it still doesnt work when i am receiving the call, i cannot hear the caller even if its on speaker phone, but its fine when i call.

is downgrading to the previous version of the OS an option? or it can brick the phone?

KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
I'm unsure whether you can downgrade to a previous version to be honest. I'd be interested to know the answer to that too. I first posted that I was having this issue in November 2020 & have had a couple of system updates since then, but still having the same issue. Sorry to hear the loud speaker work around doesn't work for you. That is even more frustrating
MikulShah
Apprentice
Options

I just downloaded and installed the same version of the OS again using Odin, now the funny thing is that some incoming calls are now ok (can be heard) but some are still the same unlike before when all incoming calls could not be heard. This is now confusing.

Sebastjan
Apprentice
Options

What is funny is sth solved the issue for me. Now all incoming calls seem to be working ok. I can pinpoint out two things that changed for phone's point of view since THE problem:

- i added bluetooth adapter in my car.

- i cleared cache for (both, i had two) sim tools under apps in settings.

Now, the second option seemed to have worked for some people but at my first try it didn't do anything.  And i have no idea if the first thing (new bluetooth adpter) could somehow alter any settings in the phone to make it work as it should. I can not recall when was the last time caller wouldn't hear me so sth has changed and it wasn't software update/change/hack/whatever. 

It is just weird and  i hope i did not just jinx my phone again. 

MikulShah
Apprentice
Options

I tried to change the sim card, the new sim card actually works well. receives all calls properly, and the old sim card also works well in another phone. another mystery to solve

TMCThomas
Apprentice
Options

Got the same issue here for at least 2 months. At first I didn't know what it was until I stummbled upon this thread. How is this still not fixed, this is absurd. Is this some scheme to make us upgrade. 

Mgt76
First Poster
Options
I am having this problem now.
0 Likes
Sukhi999
Student
Options
Quick Fix: TURN OFF LTE CALLS IN PHONE SETTINGS. Don't know why it works, but it works.