Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming callers can't hear me

(Topic created on: 17-01-2021 01:05 AM)
KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
Following the Samsung update yesterday, any incoming callers cannot hear me. I have to call them back, then they can hear me perfectly fine. Any advice is much appreciated
116 REPLIES 116
Kukibird
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. Tried all suggestions  it  doesn't work, definitely don't wont to do factory reset option. But offers to order new Samsung S20 are coming constantly from Samsung 😠😠

vcx10
Explorer
Options

My wife's s9 has this issue where if anyone calls her the caller cannot hear her unless she presses speaker then back to normal but if she calls them it works perfect also if the person calls her on what'sapp it's perfect too it's only on incoming voice calls it does it .

When the call first connects you can hear a static sound for a split second then nothing until she presses speaker then back to normal then it will work for the call.

Is there a fix for this or not ?

carter123
Apprentice
Options

Hello vcx10.  Yes i have the exact same issue including the  static sound on call connection.

well after removing the 'Binge' app the phone worked ok for a while then reverted to the same problem.

I found when i do  a check of the microphones via typing into the phone number keyboard *#0*# then select menu item Loopback.

If i select the Start   RCV_DualMic then start talking that i can only hear a static sound.

If i select the SPK_2ndMic and start talking i can hear my voice repeated, but with low volume.

If i insert an earphone and test that (E/P) it works too.

My conclusion is that there is an issue with the RCV_DualMic. Since lots of people seem to have it and it appears to have started in the last few months then its not a hardware issue. (Else it would have happend before), I would say a software issue. Seems to me to related to the last major system upgrade last november or december, since thats when it seemed to start appearing.  My phone is out of warranty so samsumg advised to take it to their support service place here in canberra (and probably be a fee).  Samsung also said the service centre may reset all to factory setting and to back up all my data first. (Not happy with that). I am going to contact the service centre and see what they will do.  Surely the service center should be aware of the issue. Will post results.

carter123
Apprentice
Options

Well i went to the Samsung service centre, They believed it was a software issue. Already had 1 person in about same issue & they did a factory reset and have not been back so maybe it fixed it.. All they could say was to do a factory reset and that's also what they said Samsung would say. (Also a factory reset does not revert updates to previous updates so it will bring in the latest update, which may cause the issue). They could  not be sure it was a samsung update.  I would need to back up phone via Samasung Smartswitch first to PC or SSD card then do a factory reset.  Well i wont do the reset as i would have to relogin to all apps that use user/password as backup does not save those details im told.

I will just live with pressing the speaker button. Too much work i think after a reset to make sure all is as before. 

Maybe if i have time i will but not now. Maybe Samsung will release a new update to correct the error..

Looks like no fix available so far for this issue.  SAMSUNG, LOOK INTO THIS ISSUE!

cheers.

Sonjecad
Apprentice
Options

Didn't work for me. ☹️

0 Likes
vcx10
Explorer
Options
I cannot see how a factory reset will fix this there are too many people with exactly the same issue Samsung needs to take responsibility and look into it and send out a software patch to fix this
Kukibird
Apprentice
Options

Agree with you  vcx10. Contacted Samsung on their FB page but looks like they don't care about their customers, twice they told me to get in touch with their technology  staff at Samsung Studio (!) and they should help me to solve problem. I mean their experts created this problem so they should  find solutions for it.

Sebastjan
Apprentice
Options

Having the same problem since update on S9+. And as this is my work phone it is getting really frustrating receiving customer's calls and me not being heard. I would even try the factory reset but quite some users are reporting it didn't work for them. So... Lot's of work for no result and that's not even by our mistake?

vcx10
Explorer
Options
wife's phone is doing a software update right now hopefully that will sort it
KirstyMM
Pioneer
Options
🤞it does the trick. I've had a couple of updates since it first started, but still not working unfortunately. Keep us posted
0 Likes