Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 03:29 AM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
IJP1216
Apprentice
Options

Agreed. The icons are hideous, and look like something I'd find on a toy phone. The new "recent apps" page is terrible, also. When I open it, it moves over to another app instead of the one I was using, plus split screen view is much harder to access. Otherwise, the UI is alright, but I liked the old version much better (especially the old icons).

AmyAmz22
Journeyman
Options
May I ask, where did you find the split screen option?
0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

@AmyAmz22 wrote:
May I ask, where did you find the split screen option?

Hit the 3 lines bottom left, that brings up the app screens, hit the icon at the top of one and the split screen option is there. 

Brandiwine0704
First Poster
Options

Have you had any issues with messaging emojis?

Since the update everytime I send a text with an emoji, they get question mark's. This is VERY frustrating !!

0 Likes
igottsch1
First Poster
Options

You just have to change the settings to Unicode 11.

0 Likes
AmyAmz22
Journeyman
Options

Hurray!! Thank you so much! I found my other features :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Slick91
Navigator
Options
Same here I've send at least 50 complaints through contact us and now I'm getting replies and promises but we will see...
Slick91
Navigator
Options

Download good lock, it's a fix to certain things and does help with at least giving you some previous features back!

0 Likes
Boogienights
Pathfinder
Options

I do like the colours they use in contacts when no picture is displayed  blue green orange etc.. I dont have pie but anywhere i can get these PNG colours to use for my phone????. I do think samsung should update all apps however!! not just for PIE so we have nice new ones.   These colours i mean ! i want them! 

.https://img.gadgethacks.com/img/original/99/16/63676516756169/0/636765167561699916.jpg

0 Likes
hpi
First Poster
Options

Even Bixby is dumber on Oreo i could just hold the button and say "delete last photo" and it would do it, now it just says this feature isn't yet supported?? WHAT?

0 Likes