Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 07-02-2019 03:29 AM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Enjay
Voyager
Options

@Iamllh71 wrote:

@Rugers1mama wrote:
How can I change it back without losing everything? 9 is awful!

I researched how to go back. From what all the experts say, it's doable, and they give you the steps  but it's risky...and th there's a lot to it. I didn't try...

I did but it can be a bum clenching operation lol 

Ncook30
First Poster
Options

Does anyone know how to make it so when you quick reply to a message in your notifications the notification goes away, rather than showing your response?

0 Likes
Yeldarb
Explorer
Options

Probably disable the messages notification. I must say I am still trying to get my head around the new notification system as it appears to have gone from really simple to bloody impossible with this new update.

mdyb
First Poster
Options

Note s8 location services cant keep my safe places and now the upgrade is S__T.

Bring back stackable apps!! Still fumbling through the changes.

kwolf
First Poster
Options

Try the Bixby remapper application--works like a charm on my S8+ to prevent Bixby being rammed down my throat.

0 Likes
Woody
Voyager
Options

You could download good lock app there's something in there that'll let you change the position of the clock at least.

Woody'S9+
lordscallywag
Student
Options

Yup, I've tried a half dozen different themes now and somehow they all look like a grade one class project.  I loved my phone, I just switched from Apple to Samsung and now this update makes me want to go back.  Everything about it is garbage and completly unneccessary.

0 Likes
BananaBobana
First Poster
Options

The only good thing about this update is the option to set different notification tones for contacts instead of just ringtones.

Suddenly I can't costumize the messenging app with backgrounds and colors?

And the time being on the left set my OCD off. The left should only be for notifications you can swipe away.

Aesthetically I don't like how everything suddenly had rounded corners and is spaced far apart 

DionMcC
First Poster
Options

I agree, it's a backwards step, and looks terrible, plus everything is slower and some functions don't even open. The lag time for opening is worse and my phone asks me to restart! Never happened before the update. 

Chez_Tru
Journeyman
Options

OK!?  f I wanted an iPhone I would have bought one...*but I didn't*...I wanted a Samsung Android user experience. 

*Can you put my open programs back as cascading windows instead of iPhone cards??  I don't want an iPhone(!).  

*Where is split screen???  Been Googling for answers & cannot find it...keep finding old highly SEO'd answers (old answers come up first)

*Please put my clock back on the top right

*Please make my clock bigger again or give me option to do so without downloading a new skin/OS, whatever

*Please give back more of the options to *easily* use the features that were so uniquely Samsung Note 8 Droid Verizon 

*Please give us more uniquely AWESOME Samsung/Droid features instead of this Psuedo-iPhone situation 

I've stayed Droid over 10 years because I love the multitask, seeing multiple things at once, not iPhone.

...if they are going to force the iPhone user experience on me then I might as well go get an iPhone w/ the easy connection to other iPhone users and horrible user experience...really, really, REALLY don't like this update. Today holds my 1st Samsung community comments ever BTW, possibly the last since they are pushing us over to iPhone😔🤦🏾‍♀️