Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 01/03/19 21:04)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Iresfrank
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Exactly my point! 1/2 the entire message is wasted by the unnecessarily large title! Also if I use apps connected to gallery photos , the foto roll/slider is so far down its 1/2 off the screen and out of view! 

KingHoodie
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I feel EVERY WORD of what you said.

I hate everything about Samsung Android PIE.

I used ODIN and Updato to download the operating system I had before and reprogram it BACK to my liking because it was either that or leave samsung all together! their TRYING wayy to hard to look and feel like Google or Iphone and Thats GARBAGE.

Long story short after a day of researching and trial and error I got my version back But the whole process what BS
Kelann162
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

a

garciah
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

So here's my feelings on this. Since we are not getting any response from Samsung on this issue I have decided to do the following. 

I've downloaded a new icon that sort of taken the stupid look away, I have adjusted my fonts to look better and I have or will modify my apps As I go along. More importantly and,  I have started to look for other options for the 48 Samsung phones I'm responsible for at our company. If they still don't reply then they don't care if all of us tell them to KISS THE S10 GOOD BY.

EmpathyBadger
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Please tell us how to find links and how to use ODIN and Updato to revert our Galaxy S9's to Oreo from Pie. I also feel that the phone I bought and chose has been replaced with an entirely different experience. So frustrated. 

AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
@EmpathyBadger: Just a quick reminder that reverting back to the previous Android version using an unauthorised avenue will invalidate your warranty and make the device incompatible with any future, official updates. I understand your frustration however it's early days and I'm sure that Pie will grow on you in time (maybe after the odd update at least).

0 Likes
P-GALAXY
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Have Samsung responded to any of the comments/complaints on the Members App yet, or are we just shouting into the wind?

I can't see many people getting a new Samsung after this fiasco though, when they actually bring in an update that makes their flagship phone actively worse. What would be the point of getting a S10, or later on a S11, if a few months down the road, they do this again!

It really feels as if we have been screwed over, and just forgotten about.

delicatedreamer
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I am with telus in Canada and I got an update notification just now. I have postponed it as I'm not sure what it is for. Has anyone else gotten it and updated?

Raony
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

What really bothers me is that my camera got worse since the update. It used to take very nice pictures in dark enviroments but now is ridiculous.

LilScrappySarah
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@P-GALAXY wrote:

Have Samsung responded to any of the comments/complaints on the Members App yet, or are we just shouting into the wind?

I can't see many people getting a new Samsung after this fiasco though, when they actually bring in an update that makes their flagship phone actively worse. What would be the point of getting a S10, or later on a S11, if a few months down the road, they do this again!

It really feels as if we have been screwed over, and just forgotten about.

Exactly!! 

Probably shouting to the wind, yes.

I was forced to pick this phone. Coming from an iPhone 5s, I was lost but yet loved the new adventure. NOW THOUGH..... I will never update again. Even when I am forced from now on I will continue to refuse. The 5s still worked just fine and dandy because I never updated it. However,  the storage was lacking, and the ability to use new apps was lacking. 

I seriously doubt they even know we loathe this update with every nerve we had left living and dealing with this world as it is. 

I have only had this phone going on 5 months and I was so happy to leave the apple world behind even though I didnt want to. Now everything that made me love the Samsung galaxy s9 + more so than my iPhone  World is GONE.

It IS a phone, after all. Maybe we should all raise hell until these shenanigans end. We don't "need" them to survive unless we allow them to tell them we do.

LilScrappySarah
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Exactly!! 

Probably shouting to the wind, yes.

I was forced to pick this phone. Coming from an iPhone 5s, I was lost but yet loved the new adventure. NOW THOUGH..... I will never update again. Even when I am forced from now on I will continue to refuse. The 5s still worked just fine and dandy because I never updated it. However,  the storage was lacking, and the ability to use new apps was lacking. 

I seriously doubt they even know we loathe this update with every nerve we had left living and dealing with this world as it is. 

I have only had this phone going on 5 months and I was so happy to leave the apple world behind even though I didnt want to. Now everything that made me love the Samsung galaxy s9 + more so than my iPhone  World is GONE.

It IS a phone, after all. Maybe we should all raise hell until these shenanigans end. We don't "need" them to survive unless we allow them to tell them we do.

Goldfire
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@AndrewL wrote:
@EmpathyBadger: Just a quick reminder that reverting back to the previous Android version using an unauthorised avenue will invalidate your warranty and make the device incompatible with any future, official updates. I understand your frustration however it's early days and I'm sure that Pie will grow on you in time (maybe after the odd update at least).

It'll grow on us? Yea, nah... We've all been using phones long enough to know what we like and don't like.

I'll take an "invalid warranty" over Pie and the One UI updates anyday. That is how much I dislike this rubbish update. I've gone from using my phone almost all day, everyday to barely using it at all now - it's now sitting on my desk doing nothing until I can be bothered to use Odin and revert. It's things like this that will keep me from continuing with Samsung phones. 

anneedgewitch
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@AndrewL wrote:

It really won't grow on us. That's what we're all very emphatically saying and nobody at Samsung is hearing. 

Kaka22
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
How did u get it done??? Please i need my. Old operating system this one sucks
Maxozone
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I have been hearing something about 'Odin', and a site to load the Oreo software from. This are the pieces that I heard about. How to use them or apply them I am clueless. I wish I had the procedure to follow.
0 Likes
Goldfire
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Maxozone wrote:
I have been hearing something about 'Odin', and a site to load the Oreo software from. This are the pieces that I heard about. How to use them or apply them I am clueless. I wish I had the procedure to follow.

I private messaged you back on the 8th of March with steps on how to revert and links to xda forums with easy to follow steps:

QoJqCot

You can then use a package disabler to outright disable updates and bxActions to kill off Bixby, as I've mentioned previously here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S9-S9/I-hate-the-new-update-for-S9-Android-Pie/m-p/961454...

Maxozone
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I urge everyone to call 1-800-726-7864 which is the Samsung Technical support line, and register your observations, complaints, etc.   The poor people on that line will try to appease you by remoting to your phone and trying to fix it. In my case that was impossible, so the guy just registered my comments and suggestions, which he said the admin does listen to.. We will see...

0 Likes
arrgeevee
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hmm, I wont give permission or let anyone work on my personal phone remotely, not even the samsung technical support. this update is already very very shady so why will i furthermore trust them with another process ? Will the fix put back the FEATURES we LOST ? NO....so im not gonna bother doing that nor should anyone coz it means we are settling for sort of a consolation via a fix that is still ***** to begin with. We should do the class action lawsuit, someone is already volunteering to submit it. Calling that 1-800 ____ number is also useless i think. We can only make a considerable impact on this whole FRAUDULENT DOWNGRADE UPDATE ( isnt ''downgrade update'' nonsensical in and of itself but this is the fact of the matter, unfortunately, coz this update is really IN ESSENCE a DOWNGRADE  ) and get them to listen to us EXISTING CUSTOMERS and take our issues VERY SERIOUSLY by going ahead with a class action lawsuit ?  Thanks to some of the people here though, suggesting downloads etc, i know you guys mean well but WE shouldnt be in this position of resorting to third party downloads because WE did not cause THIS PROBLEM to our phones, why should we be running around looking for a fix ? Lets GET Samsung be accountable and  FIX this MESS.

EdwinChi
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I've been locked out of all Samsung apps since the new pie update. Keep getting password has expired message. Can log in online alright. At this rate I will take an iPhone anyday. Emailed Samsung and got no response. This is supposed to be an S9 for goodness sake. 

Bmoet12
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It's literal *****. I absolutely hate every single part of this update. 

Juju0718
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I felt that on every level!
0 Likes