Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 21/02/19 08:21)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
irritated
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

that and my calendar looks Screenshot_20190423-104354_Calendar[1].jpglike this

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS.   

0 Likes
AmyAmz22
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Dont feel too bad...if I could actually keep any of my photos...it would be great. Just one of the many many issues I have, in addition to why I hate Pie! They should have kept this for pixel phones and left Samsung alone!Pie sucks!Pie sucks!

0 Likes
Enfurecido
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Totally agree!!!! This 1.8GB update is total garbage, everything looks so childish, the clock in the upper bar is now placed at left (so annoying!!!!) and when in hell will we get an option to hide this clock anyway?

I use the Xperia Clock widget and now it is failing so bad. The clock won't reflect the updated time, it just freezes for 1 hour. The same for the battery indicator in this widget. What a failure is this update.

c_wade
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Can someone tell me how to either uninstall this? just unlocking my phone now is almost annoying enough to get a different phone. Anyone else get a huge white box when just trying to copy and paste something? Its like playing a game.. GUESS WHERE THE COPY BUTTON IS ?? except its not fun

David2405
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I 100% agree.  This latest update is a nightmare. I feel like I'm having to learn how to use the phone all over again.  Took me ages to master the old version.  Please reverse this, sort it out and try again.  

Hugh_Proctor
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

OMG!!!!! This has got to be the worst update ever... I was so happy with my phone, the UI and all its many features. Honestly I loved my Samsung Note 9.

Now it just sucks...

WTF have you at Google and Samsung done!?! it's totally Mickey Moused everything up and now this evening I'm watching a video streamed through Google and 20 minutes into the video I have received my first ever 'Overheating' warning

Microsoft did this same *****ty thing back when they released Windows 8 after XP.... XP was amazing and then they went for animations and ***** moving everything from its place into a massive void of horribleness with overkill process killing core crushing animations.

If I wanted a stupid phone for stupid people who are only interested in animations and aethetics then I would have bought a massively over priced brick like iPhone.

The worst part of it is that I'm sat here on Valentines Night typing my hatred for you Samsung and Google instead of confessing my love for the person and things that matter.

Get a life Samsung and Google and release us an update to revert this horrible horrible horrible thing that you have done to us! 

Dog-Green-1944
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
You hit the nail on the head! Bravo!
Empowermentnow
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
How the heck do we fix this?? I want my phone back!!! My theme has been all jacked up now!! I despise these white screens!!!!!!!!!!
Marleenvds
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Try to find out the name of your theme. If you are lucky they allready made an update for this Samsung update and this "white letters on white screen issue" will be gone after you update your theme. (I had the same issue, but I was lucky I found an update)

Otherwise you will need to change and choose another theme...

Mesai12
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Omg I'm going crazy with this white text on white background! What can I do to friggin change this?! I can't even see who sent me messages. Why are they screwing around with what we've spent hours/days/months customizing our phones to our likings?! I don't want you to customize my settings for me Samsung! That's what I do when I buy my phone! So pissed I want to throw this phone! At least let has have the option of changing it back.
Marleenvds
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
@Mesai12 - white letters on white background
This is a theme thing... if you remember the name of your theme, you can look if they allready have an update to make their theme compatible with the Samsung update. I was lucky and found an update for my theme and the issue has been solved. Otherwise you will need to choose another theme/wallpaper. Good luck !
Mesai12
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I did just that but i'm still seeing the white writing with the white background on my home screed. any idea on how to fix that?

Thanks

0 Likes
RaeMiniHopa
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Losing my eyesight and their changes have made it difficult to see anything. Their fonts are all bubbled no solid font to be found. Now I Can't read my text messages any longer. Calander was pure white on white. Absolute idiocy to make changes that affect the ability to read a thousand dollar phone.
Anyone with a tip on changes to solid font I'd love to know.
0 Likes
Emma180
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I spoke to a guy in a local O2 shop the weekend before last about when I could finish my contract and get a different brand.

He asked me why and I told him and he said he couldn't possibly make a personal comment on it but he had heard a lot of similar from customers recently and people were jumping brands to Huawei and pixel with some people jumping to Sony.

He said he couldn't comment on the update but it was difficult to understand why.

I looked at the Huawei phone and the camera looks pretty awesome the pixel one looks pretty good too.

Both of those brands don't seem to have taken the decision to deliberately break the camera and make it less effective so that's looking like my move I can jump in 1 1/2 months so at least it's not too long

0 Likes
RaeMiniHopa
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Since my original post I discovered a few themes fixed the OS update issue of white letters on white background and bubble fonts.  For a couple of dollars i downloaded themes that helped resolve these issues. Just a sloppy way of making an upgrade. Information like this should have been a highlight in Samsung public forums especially for the vision impaired community.

Turbo1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
A simple solution would be for Samsung or Android to enable reverse of the Firmware upgrade and they start again with a clean slate. Whilst the biggest lesson for consumers is never download a F/W upgrade without knowing what it means and has it been indepently tried and tested, which off course is a huge unnecessary burden and responsibility consumers should not have to endure.
0 Likes
Moyah8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Turbo1 wrote:
A simple solution would be for Samsung or Android to enable reverse of the Firmware upgrade and they start again with a clean slate. Whilst the biggest lesson for consumers is never download a F/W upgrade without knowing what it means and has it been indepently tried and tested, which off course is a huge unnecessary burden and responsibility consumers should not have to endure.

True. But I think Samsung knew about this being a bad upgrade, but still went ahead with it. 

I was in the Beta for this OneUI and left after a week as I truly hated it, and all my criticism at the time was about the OneUI and its uglybicons and waste of space , caused via pusing things down. I've a S9 and I need all the screen I can get, and not have things pushed down. BUT, they never listened to me nor others and here we are!!

Enjay
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I wondered about Google but really it's a samsung thing. Huawei, motorola etc running Android 9 look nothing like ours. Friends P20 still has all it's features as before, same as the Mrs motorola. 

Anyway Android 10 is just round the corner, hopefully it'll be better and 9 is a bit of a Windows Vista episode 

Moyah8
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I hope so, as as it stands OneUI is a Vista / Windows 8 moment for Samsung

Turbo1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
That's interesting info, thanks.
Also, I contacted Samsung Support earlier today and they certainly realise it's a vista moment. New release around July should be a HUGE improvement!
0 Likes
igottsch1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

What will the update bring?

0 Likes