Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 14/02/19 18:17)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
johan25
Back for More
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

i agree

0 Likes
kassimali
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Samsung tiene todas las condiciones para ser el lider indiscutible en el mercado de Smarphones, pero tiene una competencia muy fuerte por detras esta Huawei y demas compañias chinas, abaratando el mercado y estudiando como superar cada detalle de los lanzamientos de sus rivales. Que deberia hacer samsung como nueva estrategia para golpear duro sobre la mesa lanzar al mercado smarphones modulares de gama alta y modulares gama baja low cost, como samsung es uno de los fabricantes que fabrica toda clase de piezas de smarphones, lleva la ventaja de tener lo mejor para sus smaphones tipo modulares. Otra osa que me gustaria ver seria un nuevo procesador con inteligencia artificial de  samsung, especificamente un procesador exynos para la gama alta que sobrepase los 8 nucleos y por lo menos llegue a los 12 nucleos, con un nuevo tipo de arquitectura, o la mongose.

M4CK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Also writinging on a picture with the s-pen doesnt work when you try to save it.

Sharing is possible but saving not.

Please fix this.

Thanks

Selantia
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I completely agree!! It looks TERRIBLE and is SO inconvenient!

And YES it looks luke cheap Apple???

Which makes NO sense!

Arya1999
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

There is one difference, though. The "swipe up to kill app" function actually works. On the two ipads I've recently troubleshooted it stopped working after killing one app, meaning you had to restart the d*** thing.

0 Likes
Lisadoll
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Absolutely it's exactly that! A cheap version of iPhone. People enjoyed galaxy for its customizing abilities now its just like here this is what we gave you and you cant change it. All for $900 i want my money back. An LG would do me better than this upgrade  

Dog-Green-1944
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The button designs and looks are one thing... especially the "Contacts" color change, an app most people use everyday! But did you notice ALL the apps now have exactly the same size and shape?  I could live with that I guess, however  TAKING AWAY the use of the selectable (and customizable) "NOTIFICATION SOUND" feature, something I used EVERY SINGLE DAY, yet ADDING a selectable "Vibration pattern" to a contact!?  Huh?  Who uses a vibration patter for different contacts? 
How many "brainstorming" meetings did it take them at Samsung to decide to go this route?  I've had a few Samsung phones, but I think you're right in that this was their worst update... so far.

Reviews
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I wish I did not update. I wish there was a way to uninstall the updates. The UI is absolutely despicable.

KingHoodie
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I also hated this new Update it forced me to spend 2 days learning how to reflash it back to Android 8 which came with my phone!!

For me it worked after hours of working on it. And still I live in a worried state the phone will auto update and revert to the Anroid 9 pie BS!

The NEW ANDROID PIE UPDATE IS EXTREMELY TERRIBLE!! PLEASE EITHER RELEASE AN ANDROID 8 REBOOT OR atleast allow users to keep/ revert their OS to the version of their choosing. It will make for extremely content customers SAMSUNG!!!!!!

Idk
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Could you tell me how you did that this update is very annoying and seems very childish.
KingHoodie
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

DOWNLOAD ODIN 3.13.1 from this link :

https://odindownloader.com/category/download

Then Download your phones Firmware from this link :

https://updato.com/

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE TEE FROM THE site. And it should work for you as it did for me, I also watched a YouTube video where a guy flashed his s6 from Samsung Pie back to it's original form and followed his process with my S9. It really helped now I love my phone again because I couldn't stand that PIE forceful garbage update. It looked just like a wanna be google phone iPhone. I couldn't deal with it or I would've broke and changed phones and companies. Hope this information helps!

Shounen
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This ended up forcing me to update a few days later, any solution for that?

0 Likes
Emma180
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Oh my god this came down onto my phone yesterday I hate it.

For some reason the places I used to be able to get my wireless network detected it can no longer even see my wireless network in my own darn home.

The message option looks ridiculous bigsby is a pain in the backside as usual and will be switched off in mediately.

Camera is now a pain in the backside and the whole design looks like it was done by a five-year-old who ate all the sugar and then was given a pack of crayons and told to go absolutely batsh*t crazy

Maxozone
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You won't be able to downgrade a new Android that ships with PiePie may come with AVB 2.0, which disables booting with older rollback images. (Source: XDA)Pie may come with AVB 2.0, which disables booting with older rollback images. (Source: XDA)

Android Verified Boot (AVB) was present on some phones with Oreo. Google have implemented it to protect against outdated security patches. The company will also impose it on new phones with Pie out of the box. AVB may also make non-stock firmware building more difficult.
Maxozone
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

81Q2jJv4qNL._SY550_.jpg

0 Likes
Kaka22
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
How did you get it reverted? Please tell me i hate this phone now
SBS1440
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

AGREE! I spent months reseaching phones, watied specifically for the S9 to come out and loved it, best phone I ever had....UNTIL THIS PI UPDATE! I hate it, it is ridiculous looking, cumbersome, and I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT if they don't offer a revert option soon, as in by end April 2019!

Samsung totally hijacked user's phones, this should be illegal. I would totally suport a class action suit on this one! This is NOT the phone I purchased, not the user interface I tested. NOT THE SAME PHONE!

Maxozone
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Someone listed a law which addressed this situation, but I cannot find it. Heres a link I would start with;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_consumer_law

Dglils
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Does anyone know how to get my old pre update photo camera back? The new one is awful and useless! Key reason I bought Samsung was for its camera - this one is worse than iPhone (and there was a reason I limit iPhone to my work phone!) Please help! 

P-GALAXY
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The downgrade in the camera quality is the thing that annoys me more than anything else. I bought this phone because of the camera, and it's pro features, and now they have been taken away!

And what has been Samsung's response to all of this "hopefully you'll get used to it - oh and if you don't, here's the new S10, with all the camera features that you used to have, but we have deliberately taken away from you"!

danieltweddell
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I just bought an s9 and am on the verge of returning it. The UI is so annoying. I've been a Samsung user since the first Galaxy and now, I'm seriously considering going to the dark side (apple). How did you get it to go back to the previous version?

0 Likes