Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 09-02-2020 09:06 AM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
TamTam85
First Poster
Options

There are quite a few, that owns a Galaxy S9 that won't get an update.. mine included. No one can help me and there are no Samsung Hubs in my state... Husband's phone is alright, which happens to be a S9 as well. And I have gone through all the set ups to try to get it to work.

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

@TamTam85 wrote:

There are quite a few, that owns a Galaxy S9 that won't get an update.. mine included. No one can help me and there are no Samsung Hubs in my state... Husband's phone is alright, which happens to be a S9 as well. And I have gone through all the set ups to try to get it to work.

Both on the same network and both got the phones from the same shop? 

0 Likes
Kenni
First Poster
Options

From the 1st day i've been usng smart phone i remember the clock being on the top left corner. Update did nothing to that, the only thing i hate about the update is the keyboard setting is all messed up.

0 Likes
TamTam85
First Poster
Options

Yes, it was a buy one, get one free from At&t. My husband's phone is perfectly normal but mine hasn't updated at all except the first time in October of 2018.

0 Likes
S_Diggity
First Poster
Options

I got the Android 10 and UI2.0 update with t-mobile on my sm-g965u1 device. It's awesome

0 Likes
defeedme
Navigator
Options

kenni .. Obviously you were not using Oreo then. The clock is always in top right on Oreo. Not sure why you are posting here.

0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options
That is a weird one, are they registered individually or both phones in the same name?
0 Likes
TamTam85
First Poster
Options
Yes..... We bought them at the very same time, at the same store.. we sat next to each other and brought all our info and apps over to the new phone. Phone contract is under my name.. but we both have individual phone numbers.
0 Likes
Jinx8
First Poster
Options
S9 update not user friendly, google translate alwas sits on top now in game, and samsung edge no longer works in game, this is a major gaming issue. New download is neanderthal. Not happy should be able to select new or old to use.
0 Likes
Jinx8
First Poster
Options

Samsung allows the updates, it is a samsung issue

0 Likes