Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 13/04/19 18:00)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
P-GALAXY
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

A lot of people are experiencing problems with their battery life after the update.  Is Samsung's answer to that, "hopefully you'll get used to it", as well?

SS2019
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I really do not like the way the interface looks now. I looks like a child drew in the icons. If i was a kid maybe zi would like it 

SAS2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I hate the new update as well. I dont have an iphone for a reason and now with the update it looks and feels like one. Huge dissapointment. I hope they fix it. 

wildpetals
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
there is no excuse not to warn people that by updating you are changing everything. the most ridiculous of changes. As a developer myself, I am ashamed for the craft. Seriously, the UI is horrible. can't get rid of the stupid bixby tracker, I regret buying my S9.
Neema
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

At first I thought that my phone had been restarted in safe mode because everything is so big and looks like a child's thing. I hate it. I've just gone to save an event in my calendar and I can't understand what the hell they've done to it. It's horrible. Am just gona have to download some sort of calendar app. Not happy at all! 

TeaElleSea
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Couldn't have said it any better, hate it! Feels like I'm back in kindergarten learning about primary colors
lordscallywag
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yup, I've tried a half dozen different themes now and somehow they all look like a grade one class project.  I loved my phone, I just switched from Apple to Samsung and now this update makes me want to go back.  Everything about it is garbage and completly unneccessary.

0 Likes
DionMcC
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I agree, it's a backwards step, and looks terrible, plus everything is slower and some functions don't even open. The lag time for opening is worse and my phone asks me to restart! Never happened before the update. 

igottsch1
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Really. I have a Cricket Galaxy S9. I love the update, and you should chat to a Samsung Care Pro if you really hate it. I, personally, love it!!!

0 Likes
Marie541
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Igotschii

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 good one!! I laughed so much!!
0 Likes
Smegmboi
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I just downloaded the update not long ago and I've had my note 9 for a while now and it's been fine but as soon as I downloaded the update the finger print scanner was lagging take a solid 5 seconds to work and the toolbar is horrible and the icons

sollymola
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Im not sure if Samsung is trying really hard to get us to ditch Samsung altogether or if they are trying to drive us towards the S10. Why would you take something that works so well and destroy it to a point where ALL your users hate it and have to relearn their phones?
Chaz206
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Why isn't there still a Samsung s8 page,  looks Samsung want to write the best phone or even the game changer off and make me upgrade loll

Anyway onto the update even though its billed as a fully changeable interface somethings should have been left the way they were 

Why my camera icon is solid red is beyond me, maybe so that at night you can't miss it for those selfies

Mar1066
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

If this update stays how it is or worsens I will not be buying Samsung again

Jenova
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It's the Android update, not Samsung.....

P-GALAXY
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It seems like things were changed just for the sake of changing them, without there being a sensible reason.

The clock being in the top left hand corner, instead of the right, where it has always been. Pointless!

The recent tabs, instead of being stacked, now have to swipe through them, like an iPhone. If I'd wanted an iPhone, I would've bought one!

The camera interface. You can no longer use the camera, or the video, from the same screeen, you have to swipe to change between them. If I want to change between front and rear camera, I can just flip the screen, I don't need a button there as well!

There are just so many stupid changes that have been made, and they have made the phoe so much worse!

Iresfrank
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I agree. Stupid changes that ruined what made it great. Make Android Great Again,
Juju0718
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You named everything I hate about this update I'm they need to change it back Asap!!!

samsuck
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I also want the old settings back. Even the keyboards and camera settings have changed. Samsung you have seriously got this one wrong.....people dont have time for absolute rubbish like this!
Jenna2
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I hate it too. I just had my samsung galaxy s8 updated and its awful!!! Why??? I hate my phone now and this is a new phone. I cant believe we do not get a say on whether we wanted it or not. Why cant the consumer decide on what they want their phone to look like? Its madness. Not buying samsung again. Its like when facebook do these updates and everything looks different for no reason. Its ridiculous! Please can we get it back to the origional???

0 Likes
Chez_Tru
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

0 Likes