Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 13/04/19 17:21)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Jenova
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It's awful.

Aesthetically it looks like it was designed by a toddler who just got crayons for the first time.

Bixby also doesn't allow me to remove what could potentially be private videos from newsfeed. Pics, I can remove but recent videos just plays when tapped. No remove option.

It's unpleasant and has no flow.

Not to mention - quit removing the option to have our own custom music set for individual contact text messages. We might have a valid reason for needing priority messages set with their own ringtone. 

OttoEmmerich
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The update is utterly rubbish. Looks awful and seems to me like samsung have taken several steps backwards in terms of usability.

To answer the user aboves point about the Video card on Bixby just randomly playing private videos.

You can disable the card from showing up by pressing the three vertical dots at the top of the Bixby window, then press 'Cards'. Here you can enable and disable any card on the Bixby window, including the Video Player. 

I have however, not found how to re-order any of the cards. At the moment they just sit in alphabetical order...

Jenova
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

That was the first thing I tried.... I wouldn't have come here before trying the simple stuff. I just completely disabled Bixby in the end, so that was a counter productive move if they want us to use it. It irritates the bejesus out of me anyway, so no real loss 😂

Some of the changes, I'm sure will be good. But I hate the way it looks. Everything is too big, I preferred it neater. 

NRJ
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

If you don't mind me asking. How did you disable Bixby?  I've been trying to figure that out. It's awful!! Why does Samsung force us to keep rubbish bloatwear..... 

0 Likes
Salasmander
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

If you hold down on the home screen and edit widgets ect. You are able to change the size from 5×4 to 5×5 ect.

0 Likes
rikhraj
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you!

Disbling videos worked.

0 Likes
Chez_Tru
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

0 Likes
BackDaws
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

To get back the recent menu or even new ones, doenload good lock from Samsung in the Samsung store, open it and choose task changer and install it, then you have loads of official options. There's a few more things you can customise if you want as well.

0 Likes
Zambu
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

When all of us choose the Samsung S9 , you Samsung tell us that this phone have some features..for cameras, for video , for message, etc. So, we look, think about it , make a choice and pay for this. For Samsung S9 .

It is not either professional or ethic to change our soft that just because you can and have power to our soft.
When I upgrade to Pie I lost the features for what I pay when I buy Samsung S9 and not another Samsung  or another phone.
So, for my view you , Samsung, are good to pay because of this. Give us money back because this is cheating. WE don't have the phone that we choose & pay because you make changes without our consent.If you want make changes, to improve ..you put more , somenthing new but not change what  WE buy .

Turbo1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
You are correct, and Samsung need to provide a suitable solution and/or compensation. One consideration is the amount of time resellers and consumers have spent trying to unsuccessfully correct the problems!
M4CK
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have the Note 9 the 512GB version.

It lookt very professional and the android was good looking.

They gave this a childisch look.

If you swipe the menu from up till down it looks like the old android phones again.

A really bad move.

Thisversion make android looks a cheap version from Apple.

Jenova
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Exactly my feeling. You don't buy an expensive phone to have the interface look like a bloody Tomy kids phone....

sizzygal
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

how do i change back to the previous software. This one is so effing bad. . the design is bad... the notification is bad... and the camera features is so effing bad now.

BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@sizzygal wrote:

how do i change back to the previous software. This one is so effing bad. . the design is bad... the notification is bad... and the camera features is so effing bad now.

@sizzygal 

I can't advise here how to roll back firmware.

Please use Google Search and or look on the xdadevelopers site to learn how.

A person doing this does so at their own sole responsibility knowing that a phone can be put Into an unusable state and possible manufacturing warranty being voided.

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.0/ Android 11.

J3110
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Samsung change it!!!!! Everyone hates it. 

Nishant
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I now own a ***** a phone

Josephm5555
Just Browsing
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
The new camera is very bad, not usable, the old one is better
how i set it back?
AmyAmz22
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have the Samsung Note 8 -- We are missing key features from Samsung with this update - Does anyone see the samsung account/community page where we could see other contacts who owned galaxy phones or whichever feature showed "On My Galaxy"?? I sure don't and I loved that feature. In addition to this atrocious upgrade, all the themes I purchased from the Samsung Theme Store are now garbage. What was an amazing, elegant, smooth, ombre interface has now become what looks like child's play on every one of my screens?! All the hard work some of these dev's went through to create these themes have been made to look like an elementary student took over. 

These "updates" come automatically for some phones because they default to that setting. So, lets reiterate when we say this was a choice because it was not. In my opionion, Samsung has some explaining to do - it's their devices with android/google operating systems. Contracts and deals had to be made at some point ... meaning they knew what content was being put into their devices - old and new. And lets put it this way - Android Pie was released for Pixel phones ...they should have kept it that way and left the rest alone. Not shove their product down the throats of their consumers. If I wanted a Pixel phone - I would have bought one and there's a reason I didn't. #JustSaying  

Maxozone
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Well said! It may take some sort of lawsuit, not unlike the one for the 7's, for them to fix it. It could be the only way to get their attention is thru their wallet.
0 Likes
irritated
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I need to have mutiple apps open on my screen simultaneously. Now I can't do that. Why?

also, the update is all about graphics for kids. I don't want rounded corners on all my photos.

I don't want a blazing white screen to blind me at night. I want high contrast black, but now I can't use night mode with a theme.

and what's  this stupid "gametools" doing on my status bar?

0 Likes
Jackiehn
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Me and my cousing too, we hatw this new actualization, camera sucks, we can't divide the screen, can't take action notes and write a number, and email address and take an action directly from the note! Also hate the way the display of the phones gallery has beeb configurated! It looks like an iphone and I hate this things in apple.

0 Likes