Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 13-04-2019 04:17 PM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Chez_Tru
Journeyman
Options
Yes, bring back stacked view, put clock back on right, WHERE is split screen now???...and other issues(!)...add new more Samsung/Droid like multitask, see a lot in one view efficiency + productivity enhancing features...if I wanted a one thing at a time iPhone I'd have bought one...please fix this.
Chez_Tru
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
Chez_Tru
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
Chez_Tru
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
Chez_Tru
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
lordscallywag
Student
Options

Just a note to everyone.  Contact Samsung directly about this, I sent them an email and they do read and reply to them.  Be thorough about the things you don't like, perhaps if everyone does this it might actually change things back in the next update.

igottsch1
First Poster
Options

Really. I have a Cricket Galaxy S9. I love the update, and you should chat to a Samsung Care Pro if you really hate it. I, personally, love it!!!

0 Likes
Marie541
Pioneer
Options
Igotschii

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 good one!! I laughed so much!!
0 Likes
Enjay
Voyager
Options

@Chez_Tru wrote:
Yes, bring back stacked view, put clock back on right, WHERE is split screen now???...and other issues(!)...add new more Samsung/Droid like multitask, see a lot in one view efficiency + productivity enhancing features...if I wanted a one thing at a time iPhone I'd have bought one...please fix this.

Hit the 3 lines bottom left then with the app screen hit the icon at the top and split screen is there.

Also download goodlock from the galaxy app store, you can move the clock and improve the stack view. Not as good as oreo but it's definitely better. 

Agitated
Apprentice
Options

After 2 hours on the phone with Samsung tech, I was told there is no undo for the update.  You just have to wait until they push a fix..... "hopefully in a week or two"... according to him.  HA... I may be trying out my first iPhone by then, as much as I hate iPhone.  I liked the Galaxy series, and have been loyal to it since the very first one, mainly because of the sd card memory jump you could get, (with the exception of the Note 5).    

0 Likes