Did you mean: 

Original topic:

I hate the new update for S9 - Android Pie

(Topic created on: 01-04-2019 02:55 PM)
SugarBunnies
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The title says it all. The UI is okay to deal with but some of the new features are terrible. I've had my S9 for about 8 months now, and I've never had any problems with it TIL NOW. Closing the apps feature is so complicated, you have to swipe up instead of swiping left or right which is more difficult to do if you're using one hand! The End Call feature isn't there! The photos on my people edge look pixelated! And my clock is on the upper left hand corner, which is very annoying and you can't do anything in the settings to fix it! Fix thisss!!!

Pisteng yawa!

983 REPLIES 983
Gbr
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Felix76 wrote:

CLOCK FIX - Actually works plus other fixes...

Download from the galaxy store goodlock (Not play store as that is an entirely different app)

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.goodlock

Install, open and then install quickstar. Open that up. Half way down is an option to position clock. Have a good look at the other plugin option too from goodlock as there Is a lot of customization fixes. Well worth spending some time doing so.  I have managed to rectify a few issues created  from pie update now.

Unfortunately the battery problem is still a concern.

Problem with this is the app is region locked and isn't available in most parts of the world. There are workarounds, but that means even more fiddling and tinkering - and why do we need to tinker and fiddle AT ALL anyway, just for such a basic little setting, like, Samsung please? 

Really dropped the ball with OneUI. Worse thing is, tech sites praising it to high heavens.

Marie541
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Do we know how to get back the original Home Page? Mine change without me doing nothing! I hate this update!
0 Likes
Marie541
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

The camera is mess big time. The pictures comes out so horrible now!! Like not even clear!  Is terrible!

0 Likes
Marie541
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Super!! That is how I feel! :smiling-face:

Tasha1819
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Need a lot more  complaints from people on the Samsung members app or they won't do anything. People complained about not being able to unlock the phone unless they used 2 clicks they listened. Everyone complain about this ugly new update they'll listen too.

Cjcharles
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

But why should we have to complain through a particular app that we search for? I've emailed CS and they said the same, surly they should collect feedback through a range of processes and methods...

I'm back at home now after traveling and will be trying to get a refund from the retailer. Then switching back to Google (pixel rather than nexus like I used to have) and not returning to Samsung. It's genuinely the worst tech decision I've seen in a decade! What madness!

Tasha1819
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You shouldn't have to complain this is the reply I got from fb they genuinely believe their update is great if we tell them otherwise they'll listen Screenshot_20190401-135521_Messenger.jpg

0 Likes
pured
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

They never listen or care and that's a big complain from a lot of people. Why don't you revert to Oreo?

Cjcharles
Journeyman
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It's a bit of a pain to do it with no instructions and risk, and it seems you have to factory reset. I might aswell escape from the problem at the same time...?

0 Likes
pured
Pioneer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I did it with the instructions from this video and it was easy not so hard if compare with root for example

https://youtu.be/oO3bG_h_TJg

Only downside needs wipe

0 Likes