Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

How to turn off auto playvideo

(Topic created on: 21/03/18 18:20)
Tosh67
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Very pleased with phone but when I 1st set up I selected autoplay videos when going through the gallery, it slows down browsing a tad and plays vids when I'm not ready. How do you stop them from auto playing.

Thanks

0 Likes
Go to solution
36 REPLIES 36
Teee
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hey there,

Yes I did get to the bottom of it. I spoke with Samsung Stars and long story short, it's an automatic feature that previews your videos when you play from gallery.

I hope that helps! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Frandor
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Teee

Thanks for the answer, it explains a lot.

It helps but doesn't, if you know what I mean. I don't want videos autoplay, can't understand why company's think that what they do is always for the best

Thanks anyway

0 Likes
KarlNunya
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
This is good, but, all my video settings on fb are already turned off. This is actually in my gallery on phone that keeps p li aying automatically even though it is set to not auto play.
0 Likes
Bogey
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Great job BecD. Worked for me as well. How stupid this is - turn off "Autoplay" as you would expect - DOES NOT WORK ! - Then do this and problem solved. Facebook - sort this out so turning off Autoplay is a simple one click action. ( Or are you just rying to generate more revenue for service providers and advertisers !
0 Likes
xopo
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Also true for s10e - no option to stop autoplay on the video player app.  The only options available are Details, Set as wallpaper, and move to secure folder.

0 Likes
1lastsliceofpizza
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

hi i have a similar problem but it is with my gallery not fb. whenever i scroll through my gallery the video replays. this cause rhe video i watched halfway to restart everytime i enter after exiting video player...

0 Likes
1lastsliceofpizza
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

hi have you found a solution to your problem. i have the same problem on my s20+ and i also see the same video player settings as you. i am also hoping to off the auto preview so that it does not interfere with me continuing the video where i left off

0 Likes