Go to solution Solved

Original topic:

How to turn off auto playvideo

(Topic created on: 03/08/18 18:19)
Tosh67
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Very pleased with phone but when I 1st set up I selected autoplay videos when going through the gallery, it slows down browsing a tad and plays vids when I'm not ready. How do you stop them from auto playing.

Thanks

0 Likes
36 REPLIES 36
Spyder_13579
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thanks, that worked for me, I have the S9 Plus, it's odd they hide it in Media and Contacts on the Facebook App.

Tosh67
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi, it turned off autoplay for the next video, the video still plays but silent.

I also tried turning autoplay off on Facebook which works with Facebook videos but not videos on my phone.

0 Likes
BecD
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This worked for me.... Go to the 3 bars in the top right hand corner in Facebook, select the dropdown for Settings & Privacy, then select Data Saver, tick the Data Saver box, & unclick the Always Turn off data saver when on WiFi.

Katha
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Thank you!
0 Likes
NLG1227
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This worked for me

While the videos are auto playing press anywhere on the screen and then the theee dots will appear in the top right corner. Press the ... before the next video plays or else it will disappear. Once you get the ... click on settings and then turn off auto play should be the first setting.

0 Likes
NLG1227
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
If you haven't figured it out yet this should work.

While the videos are auto playing press anywhere on the screen and then the three dots will appear in the top right corner. Press the ... before the next video plays or else it will disappear. Once you get the ... click on settings and then turn off auto play should be the first setting.
0 Likes
Mmmlizamarie
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thank you!!!! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

0 Likes
Stacy2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

THANK YOU! This was driving me crazy, and yours was the first answer that worked! 

0 Likes
Crazeyhouse
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Awesome!!!! Great!! Thank you

Couldn't find it for the life of me 😉

0 Likes
ShkaRich
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Screenshot_20181218-161612_Video Player.jpg

This is on my S9. I hope there is another way.

It would be great if someone knows hoe to disable auto preview before you hit the play button