Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make my life easy when I next smash my phone!?

(Topic created on: 20-05-2023 08:35 PM)
Megan2682
First Poster
Options

Hi There

I wonder if someone can help.

Approximately once every 18 months (because I'm an *****), I end up smashing my screen up. It's then always a right palaver setting up another phone (because my smashed phone won't unlock). Even if I've been well behaved and backed up regularly I still end up losing some messages, settings and data in specific apps, etc.

There are articles about what to do when you've smashed your phone, but it all involves far too much jiggery pokery without any guarantee it'll work. Is there anything I can do pre-emptively, so that when I do this again, I can easily plug in my phone to either my laptop (for a smartswitch backup) or another phone making it easy to transfer all my data.

Please help. Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would prefer to side on getting a case and screen protector.
Megan2682
First Poster
Options

Obviously I do that, but the best cases and screen protectors aren't  bomb proof ... I have a physical job, and accidents sadly do happen.

0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I have just given my old s9 to my mum. It's always had a case and a screen protector on. So once everything was removed ... I had a new phone. I have had the screen protector replaced but as I still have the box and all the bits. She loves it and it still looks brand new out of its box.
If you look after things then they can live on in a new home.
Megan2682
First Poster
Options

Sadly the combination of working on a building site and needing my phone for work, along with obviously not being as perfect as you are, means I'm still looking for an answer other than "be careful" ... Does anyone have any advice on the actual question? Even if they know it's just not possible?

Thanks

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Megan2682: Please take a look at the options in the link below, which focuses on ways to access your data when your touchscreen is damaged/unresponsive. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/i-smashed-my-screen-and-cannot-use-the-touchscreen...

You can also remotely backup your data using Find My Mobile. To find out more, please explore the steps in the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-find-my-mobile-and-how-can-i-use-it-to-loc...

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I just backup to Google One So once I sign in in my Google account I get everything back.

I don't do apps and and settings as I like to manually add them as and when.

You could if you wanted to.
0 Likes