Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable the startup sound on a Galaxy S9?

(Topic created on: 16-10-2020 09:06 PM)
MarkS53
Apprentice
Options

The start up sound on the S9 is annoying.  The System UI app does not show the 'fbe_channel_name' as some experts have indicated is the place to mute the sound.  The System UI Notifications is set to silent and minimize notifications is off.   At the bottom, there is a note that '4 categories deleted'.  Is that where the fbe channel name is found?  Otherwise, where to from here?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

There is no official supported way to disable it. Just be aware that using an unofficial app might accidentally break a bit more than you intend to. Use it at your own risk :winking-face: 

0 Likes
MarkS53
Apprentice
Options

Dang, but thanks.  I won't shoot the messenger.  😊

0 Likes
MarkS53
Apprentice
Options

I discovered that if you turn on the Do Not Disturb feature, shut the phone down and then restart it, there is no startup sound!! Yeah!  But you just have to remember to turn it off when you want and turn it on again before shutting down the phone.  Kind of a pain but there it is.

0 Likes
Deamoncorp
First Poster
Options

Samsung should be ashamed, such a simple feature that my dinosaur flip phone has this feature, and my smart phone LG from 4 years ago has it, what are you doing Samsung, your supposed to be best in the market, step your game up, such a simple tool, one button on a setting menu, and you can't implement this feature !? Wtf did you do in school people?