Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. problems with keyboard and typing SG 9+

(Topic created on: 18-12-2019 06:49 AM)
Kei_22
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone!!. Nice to virtually meet you all :p.

I've been having some serious issues with my phone,I believe it started with the last update to Android Pi/ 9. I have a Samsung Galaxy 9+. 

The problem I've been having happens with any keyboard,so far native,Gboard,swiftkey.

It keeps replacing words as if i have autocorrect or  autoreplace on. Everything regarding text correction BUT the suggestion strip are turned off on the phone and apps as well. 

It also has issues when selecting and deleting text,it auto selects words and if i delete,it deletes  only a chunk and lags.

I have no idea of what is causing this,i looked all over the settings, I'm desperate and annoyed, typing has become pretty difficult because when i least expect it there's a mess of words. 

I have a few videos if it happening and can provide any information needed. Thank you. 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi and welcome to the forum @Kei_22  :smiling-face:

As a process of elimination can you please put your phone in Safe Mode which disables all your downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones Live and then see what happens.

If it continues then your options would be.....

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.

2. Back up and factory reset.

3. Seek help from a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes