Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Check Marks

(Topic created on: 07-11-2022 06:11 PM)
Ingenuity
First Poster
Options

Over the last 3 weeks I have noticed that there are green check marks next to certain names in my contacts that call me. What do the green check marks mean and why are they just now popping up near certain contacts in my phone. I have a Galaxy S10 plus

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
fishermancolin
Explorer
Options
i think that's to let you have seen them

0 Likes
DannyT
Options

The green tick will signal a verified caller. Not all networks have them, it just signifies they are a known number and not a cold caller or spam caller. 

Welcome to the Community!

0 Likes
MamaCam
First Poster
Options

What is meant by a known number?

A number listed in contacts? A number for a call that has been answered? A number for a call that came in but was not answered?

0 Likes
K McC
First Poster
Options

Well, I just received a green check call from a cold or spam call.  Don't trust the check!!!

Traesea
First Poster
Options

I received a an inappropriate voice message, and the contact information reads "private number" with a green check mark.  Since that check mark indicates that the number has been verified, is there a way I can find out the phone number that the message originated from?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Traesea: Sadly it won't be possible to verify the callers number if it was received as a private/withheld number. If you head to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Caller ID and spam protection, and toggle this on, then this feature can identify callers who aren't on your contacts list. I'd also recommend reaching out to your mobile network provider, to see if any information is available from their side about the origin of the call. 

0 Likes