Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9 Update - Powerup green screen

(Topic created on: 25-05-2021 10:20 PM)
S9_Update_Fail
First Poster
Options

Ever since my S9 got an update about a month ago my S9 has progressively gotten worse. I am not able to power the phone on either by fingerprint or power button. I have done a factory reset and this does nothing. If you try to power the phone on the screen is faint or turns a light green color. There are faint lines through the screen and small dots as well. Usually the light yellow green starts at the top of the screen and slowly migrates downward. This basically renders the phone unusable.

There are only two ways to use the phone at this point -

1 - Plug in the USB-C cable and when the power charging circle appears use the fingerprint or the power on button. This works and then you can remove the USB cable. This clearly shows that there is some type of reset issue with the display driver.

2 - With the phone off touch the screen to bring up the clock. Tap the clock twice, then the settings gear, then swipe to open the screen. This works as well.

This phone has been great but is now a worthless POS - THANKS Samsung! Great update!!

I am forced to get a new phone at this point but I want Samsung to make this right and I want to know how many others out there are seeing the same problem. 

6 REPLIES 6
mary451
First Poster
Options
I have samsung a52 5g and a21s but phones are very bad not working I'm tair can't even make calls just one line networking
0 Likes
mary451
First Poster
Options
I had this phone for my son samsung a52 5g and mine a21s but not working I'm so apset
0 Likes
Members_KTORwTe
First Poster
Options

I've got EXACTLY the same issue, did you manage to get it working again?

SIRME
First Poster
Options

I have Samsung S9 plus and experiencing exact same priblem since update

Members_nXsmosK
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my S9 plus after last update in May. Very disappointed with Samsung...

1LauraBales
Student
Options

Same problem with s9 plus.... Is there any resolution? I cannot afford another phone right now. Please help.

0 Likes