9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you damaged the screen?
Sounds like a new screen maybe needed.
If you go into the support section of the Members App
You can call customer support to arrange a repair
Alternatively if you have a Samsung Experience Store or service centre near you, then arrange a visit to one of those
Kichibro
Pioneer
Options
I only sometimes get my screen freezing or key board frozen even though this is a brand new phone
0 Likes
MB651
First Poster
Options

No, the screen is visibly undamaged. This started happening a year ago and it would go away after awhile. It seemed to get better, but now it's back and been like this for at least 12 hours. If you push the side button or use the pull down you get about 1/8 of an inch of screen on top. I can't unlock it or get in or reboot. I'm waiting for the battery to drain. This time I was outside reading when it happened so sunlight or heat may be a factor. 

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like the screen panel is faulty and will need replacing
0 Likes
MB651
First Poster
Options

I can't find any way to contact Samsung to get a repair. The closest authorized service center is a best buy that's a three hour drive. If anyone has an email or phone number that would be awesome. The chat was useless. 

0 Likes
Kim8834
First Poster
Options

i am also experiencing the exact same issue, only worse. the regular screen only lasts about a couple of minutes (max 2) if i'm lucky. The flickering starts on the top right hand corner after that more than half the screen goes a flickering white. Its been about 2 weeks now, with it getting progressively worse. Light and heat definitely triggers it on mine as well.

0 Likes
chamwix
First Poster
Options

As a temporary fix turn off Adaptive Brightness and use with low or high brightness.

0 Likes
Members_er2Jyys
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and i am pretty sure that it is not a hardware problem. When i unlock the device from the always on display it always works fine. When I press a button to unlock the phone the issue happens. This is definitely some kind of software issue. Very sad that Samsung does not care. I need to replace a perfectly fine phone because of a bad software bug. Won't get a Samsung phone any more.

0 Likes
Ben2431
First Poster
Options

No, it's a hardware issue; the flex cable for the screen is what's broken, either by water damage or heat damage, and the only permanent fix is a replacement. That, however, is not worth it due to the cost.

0 Likes