Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy S9 Plus wifi speed issue

(Topic created on: 09-03-2018 05:31 PM)
Baregills
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Just got a new S9 Plus but the wifi speed is very slow. I normally get 200+ Mb/s on my 5 GHz channel using my iPhone or my PC. The Galaxy Plus only achieves 40 or so Mb/s.

It appears to be running at 2.4 GHz speed at both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

When I connect in settings, the phone states the speed checked out at 351 Mb/s but the actual speed is as stated above.

I've checked my router and it all looks OK and runs at the higher speed for other devices.

Samsung chat support just advised me that it was my ISP!

Any ideas please?

55 REPLIES 55
Alvatronick
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It has been more than a year and the problem remains. I've got no internet speed no matter what with my 2.4 GHz wifi connection.  Shame Samsung

0 Likes
BritishBulldog
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@dale122 wrote:

I had the same issue and here is what I did to fix it:

Hold down on the WiFi network and select network settings, then advanced options then IP settings and change it to static

Thank now is working on my s9+ finally had been trouble for more months and saw your message that I try it out is was super fast now

0 Likes
BigRed
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Same issue fixed could not crack it. Then just turned off power saving. Now on 5GHZ. 

0 Likes
fmanuel809
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I do not know if this has already been solved but I had the same problem on my S9 + (T-Mobile), after searching and searching, I found solutions that did not work (Turn off Hostspot 2.0, Turn off bluetooth, etc.), in the end I had great idea to turn off auto location and this worked for me. Wi-Fi network status returned to normal. I hope it helps someone.
0 Likes
Byrdie
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
That worked for me! What do i loose by doing that?
0 Likes
fmanuel809
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I haven't had any problem, only that the applications that work with the location always ask you to turn it on to work, for example, the weather app.

0 Likes