Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s9 overheating in the middle of the night

(Topic created on: 13-06-2021 09:20 PM)
Sparklypinkgwen
First Poster
Options

Hello! 

The last month or so my s9 has started overheating randomly and draining the battery- no new apps downloaded no viruses.

Last night in the middle of the night I woke up and my phone was on the floor burning up, it hadn't been touched in hours and the battery was drained after being about 75% when I went to sleep. The only way to cool it down is to switch it off and wait about half an hour. I've had the phone for 3 years so it may be an age thing- any ideas why the sudden change/how to help this? I fly frequently and am nervous if it heats up mid flight 🤔 thanks for any advice! 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
megatino
Pioneer
Options
Maybe turn on airplane mode when your sleeping and if a cover you should remove.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please post your battery stats. Settings, battery and device care, battery, tap the graph and you should see a list of apps and their battery usage. Please post a screenshot of this.
0 Likes
Gwennet
First Poster
Options
Hello, thanks for checking this out! I've attached the top ones - let me know of you need any further down. Thanks again! Screenshot_20210613-192716_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210613-192726_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That's OK. Instagram is really battery hungry. I don't think I've seen it that high before.
Please try clearing your cache partition, first. Connect the phone to your PC using the cable that came with the phone. Turn off the device.Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.Press Power key to select.Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.Press the Power key to restart the device

Please,over 2 nights, try with and without Instagram running. If you can post your stats for both until charge falls to 20% that would be helpful.