Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Galaxy s9 getting hot

(Topic created on: 01/12/18 01:52)
Cheerio
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

For some reason whenever I use my phone it just gets hot not super hot but pretty noticable when you touch the screen, this actually kept happening to my old Galaxy s9 so I sent it back and got a new one because I thought the battery was bad but it continues to happen on the phone I reciebed, I've made sure the battery thing is at 100% and that nothing is running that shouldn't be. PLEASE HELP I'm so tired of this and would love it fixed

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Superuser I
Superuser I
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Is the phone in a case @Cheerio

Are you using an original Samsung charger ?

If so can you try another original new Samsung charger ?

Ensure the ports are free of lint etc. 

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic on it for you. 

If it's getting too hot to touch then power it down and don't use it is my advice. 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-N9860_256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 3.1/ Android 11.

Cheerio
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm using the charger it came with and I've made sure it's clean, it doesn't get so hot that I can't touch it, it just gets hot enough that it's uncomfortable to use.

0 Likes
Cheerio
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Also it is in a case but it's a very light case I'll test it without a case just to check
0 Likes
TracyR
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Following on from what @BandOfBrothers has said, if you're still concerned about it or would like some help, then I'd recommend popping in to a Samsung Support Centre or Experience Store to have your phone looked at @Cheerio.

:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

expert
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

If you tray to disable the Chrome app an then go into the Samsung browser and close the tabs and then close the apps and turn off your phone for 5 minutes. This with the tabs in the Samsung browser and shuting apps you should do once a week. Afther this the phone will work fine

0 Likes