Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9+ bluetooth poor audio quality

(Topic created on: 28-05-2019 07:59 AM)
pawel_sikora
Apprentice
Options

I have been using Galaxy S9+ for almost two years, paired with my bluetooth system first in Ford Mondeo and for a year now in Volvo XC60. All was well until with probably some update, one day the audio quality via  bluetooth got pretty poor. It's a joke - sounds like I am streaming a 128kbps mp3 ten years ago...Yesterday I bought JBL Endurance Jump bluetooth headphones - the same thing...both my Volvo and JBL bluetooth work well with iPhone and even old HTC phone I have (and must use in my car separately to play music via bluetooth) so the issue is definitely my Galaxy S9+.

Something is pretty much wrong here and I tried everything (dual audio etc.) and nothing works...Can anyone @ Samsung provide a reliable advice or do I need to change a brand?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Enjay
Voyager
Options

You can enable developer settings and change the blue tooth audio codec in there. 

Settings, about phone, software and tap on build number until developer settings are enabled. 

Then you can Google the options to see what settings to try 

There's the codec, sample rate etc 

Screenshot_20190528-165953_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
pawel_sikora
Apprentice
Options

Of course,  I did try that and tweaked these settings a lot, but first of all this does not make any improvement and also there is no way these changed settings could be saved. Whatever would I do, they would come back to what has been set as default (and default was poor audio quality).

As I am reading more and more, this is a common issue for many users, being a glitch in the new Android OS version for SGS 9+ and this makes me angry as Samsung does absolutely nothing with it. I can't use my bluetooth headphones cause the sound sucks. In my car I have two cell phones - old HTC where bluetooth connection works perfectly, so I can play music via it. This isn't normal though....not if you paid this kind of money for your Samsung device. Hate to say, but maybe it's time for iPhone..................

pawel_sikora
Apprentice
Options

Hi, guess what? Considering my SGS9+ being crappy and irreperable I decided to give Samsung another try and got SGS10+. After few days and two software updates (which were meant to improve bluetooth) the sound in my car got crappy again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Samsung, am I joke to you??? Returning this piece of ***** asap (if only possible) and getting myself an Iphone XS. Never thought I'd live to see myself using Apple, but you left me no choice with no customer support at all.

LeeC1
First Poster
Options

SNAP!  Audio quality is attrocious, and for the money I paid for the device I expected more.  Bluetooth audio quality is low in both Car (Mercedes A Class, brand new 2019) and with Sony WF1000X ear buds.  Yet if I use my wifes I Phone in either the car OR with the Sony's the difference is IMMENSE.  Am afraid to say that I too shall be leaving Samsung brand and going somewhere else.  And dont get me started on the Samsung 360 degree speakers I recently shelled out £400 on - its a joke!

0 Likes
Dosmastr
First Poster
Options

Thank you for proof I'm not crazy. My audio quality with my s9+ is garbage too! 

0 Likes
DP444
First Poster
Options

This is great relief to see that I am not alone. As , i have been under impression that my head phones have got some issues. 

However, upon reading this post I have plugged my Sony Headset bought for $450 recently worked very dull in my Samsung S9 so far. However, upon plugging into iPhone , the quality was SUPERB. 

Common Samsung - Surely you can do something to improve this being leading phone maker . 

Also , I tested wired headsets in S9 , poor quality and plugged the same headset in iPhone again the quality was magic with iphone headsets. 

Seems it's time to move back to iPhone. @Samsung 

0 Likes