Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9 Battery drain

(Topic created on: 13-08-2020 01:26 PM)
rytec
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I have this Samsung Galaxy S9 and since I bought it the battery is draining fast. the battery is a 3000mA and I also have a Samsung Galaxy A9 with 3300mA.

The A9 is bigger, has a bigger display and still the S9 is draining so fast, I can't do a whole day with it, with the A9 I can go for almost two days.

Can anyone tell me what to change in the settings or apps or whatever to prevent this huge drain on my S9?

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
How long have you experiencing the S9 battery drain for? It could be normal for it because I know a few people complained about it, main reason i got the A9 2018 over the S9. if thats not the case maybe put power saving mode on and see if that does anything. Hope this helps. Stay Safe 🌈
0 Likes
rytec
Explorer
Options

Hello,

It's already a long time, from the beginning I bought it I found it already a fast draining smartphone.

It's also my reason I bought the A9 2018 but it's a bit too big and a little less good camera.

Stay safe too

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@rytec 

Check in the battery stats to see if anything is obvious that's draining the battery.

If not then put the phone in Safe Mode which disables downloaded apps but leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If draining stops then there's a good chance one or more of your apps are causing this. Start deleting the most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

If it continues in Safe Mode then turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache files.  No info is lost this way.

If that does not help then as a very last resort back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can help but also take into account over time a phone's battery will decrease in efficiency.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "