Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s9 + April security update battery drain

(Topic created on: 21-05-2021 04:56 AM)
Vavalgia
Apprentice
Options

Hey all, since the April 2021 security update my battery has been draining alot faster than usual. The handset also feels hotter its also happening to my wife's handset and my daughters.

I've done some searches and have found we arnt the only ones with the issue but alot have been fixed with an update that was released in May.

However this update hasn't been released to users in the UK yet. When will we get this fix?.

9 REPLIES 9
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Vavalgia  

hello

let's see until end of May 😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @Vavalgia , I just want to capture some more details on this. Are all three devices the same S9+ model and have they all had the April Security update? a

Can you also go in to Settings > Device care > Battery > Since last charge. Can you tell me the top 5-10 apps that are using the battery? It might be easier to attach a screenshot here. 

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I'm having issues with S21U may update. Even in airplane mode the phone is discharging very quick. I've tried everything and it's just draining. Only since the may update.Screenshot_20210521-111522_Device care.jpg
Vavalgia
Apprentice
Options

2 are s9+ one is an s9 also have an s10 with the same issues. All occurred after the April security update, also by the looks of things loads of others in the Samsung community are having the same issue. Top 5 apps are Facebook, Google play services, type app, lay store and YouTube. 

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options

Thanks, @Vavalgia @adamlee  

If you're still having issues with this, please send through an error log, so it can be looked in to in more detail. You can send us this error log via the Members app > Get Help > Error reports. Please send this within 15-minutes of facing such issues. 

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I've sent error logs. Doubt they are going to fix the issue any time soon. Note 20U has the same issue and it's also not been fixed after almost a year. Battery life is worse than a 6 year old phone when it's in my pocket moving, when stationary the drain stops.Screenshot_20210601-173815_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210601-181608_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
0 Likes
Vavalgia
Explorer
Options
Oh wow that's pretty awful, I hope. They action somthing soon. I did get the may security update today but my battery seems rather unaffected.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Even when your walking with phone in pocket? You'll have to test it. 1 hour walk and see how much you loose
0 Likes
ZaraT
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue I have an S9+ and Its as if my battery drains while the phone is not even being used during the day.

My battery lasts me about a day if I use it sparingly. For one of the best phones out there this is really a let down. I have other Samsung models and never had an issue with their battery life.  I have optimized, added apps to be put to sleep and deep sleep, turned off my Location service, Bluetooth etc.

Some of these apps proved very usefull in case of emergencies, and now.. well makes me feel what is the use of having all these functions if you can not use it when you really need to.

0 Likes