Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering contacts names

(Topic created on: 03-06-2019 09:05 PM)
Byonicman
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the number of letters you can enter when writing a contacts name, I have a lot of people in my contacts that have their name cut short as it says there are not enough characters to enter the full name! Really poor design and frustrating, I used to be able to type as much stuff as i wanted to on my old pixel phone. Also is there a way of adding addresses to the contact as well?

Galaxy S9

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Byonicman 

Is this happening when adding a new contact or when trying to edit an existing contact, @Byonicman? We seem to be able to add as many letters as we want when tested. You can add an address to a contact by going to Edit > View more.

0 Likes
Byonicman
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes it is when entering new contacts, it will only let me enter a set number of letters. 

I have now found the address etc part in the edit part of the contacts, so thanks for that. It would be handy if all of that info can be added when 1st entering a new contact, but hey there you have it.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Is your phone running the latest software version, @Byonicman? Also, are you trying to save the contact to your SIM card as opposed to the phone itself?

0 Likes
Byonicman
Apprentice
Options

Yes this one was on sim card, as far as I know I'm up to date with the latest software.  You can see that when entering this name I reached the limit and that message comes up (where the email section is).

As long as I can save the contact then I'll just have to add the rest in the edit contact section instead.

Screenshot_20190603-210001_Contacts.jpg

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

After testing again, it seems that there is a restriction if entered to be saved onto the SIM card, but not if added to be saved to the phone itself. Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Byonicman
Apprentice
Options

Ah I see, ok I'll give that a go then, thanks for the assistance on this, I know its trivial! But gratefull for the help.

Best wishes

Matt

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem, @Byonicman! Do let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Saar3
First Poster
Options

Hey, how do i move my cintacts from the sim to the phone memory? I have been dealing with the same issue and it is really annoying. I would really appriciate help (im on galaxy s8)

0 Likes
ZoeO
First Poster
Options

Hi Saar3,

You can go to the "contacts" tab (click contacts down the bottom when you go into the phone tab).

Then click the 3 verticle dots.

Then click "manage contacts". A list will come up and you can import your contacts from sim to phone etc.

Screenshot_20210814-085318_Contacts.jpg

0 Likes