Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the june'21 update fix battery drain issue installed from th april'21updte?

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 11:30 AM)
Grizzles
Student
Options
Hey, so after i got the april 2021 update, my battery went from needing charged nearly every couple days with light use (no video/music streaming, some in app vid watching i.e reddit), to it'd run out overnight from a full charge to zero, as you can see.

The main culprit was always google play services, and no matter what i tried, nothing helped. Sometimes it'd seem to have sorted itself, but then go back to insane battery drain-

It's practically always google play services thats the culprit.
Now, since the start of June, my phones telling me to update again. The notes mention nothing about a battery drain fix or google play services sorting anything. I dunno how much worse it can get, but i'm apprehensive, and haven't allowed the update. 
Has anyone had the same problem, but had it resolved by the june update? 
I'm in the UK.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi try this fix for the Google play services battery drain, it worked for me.

https://youtu.be/glbrO7nbkC4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May also wish to look at this article for solutions to Battery Drain with Google Play https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-google-play-services-battery-drain-android/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Not got June update try but apparently it's better. Screenshot_20210606-100157_Samsung Internet_883.jpg
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Apparently A wipe cache can do wonders after an update.

Also under permissions check and update what has location access all the time vs only when app is open and denied.
Choose wisely depending on your needs.
0 Likes
Grizzles
Student
Options

Thanks for the advice.

Turns out the june update did fix the battery drain issue!

0 Likes