Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyrillic Serbian Keyboard

(Topic created on: 26-11-2019 01:18 PM)
dzoni303
Apprentice
Options

I have request.

Please add new keyboard input language Serbian Cyrillic (Српски)

79 REPLIES 79
AntS
Options

Hi @dzoni303 , :smiling-face:

I've let our R&D team know about your suggestion. Me or one of the other Mods will let you know what the developers reply with.  

dzoni303
Apprentice
Options
We realy need it. It is our native writing system.
Spajdermem
Student
Options

Hello AntS,

I know you have been already informed about this issue, I just wanted you to see that there are more people interested in this topic. I like samsung keyboard, I don't want to use any third party keyboards, especially not the one from google. I rather let Samsung have some of my data. Please try to solve this, adding one more language shouldn't be hard. It is a shame that Samsung doesn't offer cyrilic keyboard. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

AD.

Spajdermem
Student
Options

I forgot to mention, I am using samsung a80. 

s0n1c_fl0w3r
Student
Options

Hi @AntS

It's really a shame that Samsung didn't involve Serbian Cyrillic in the first place since that is our official script (designated in the Constitution as the "official script", compared to Latin's status of "script in official use" designated by a lower-level act, for national minorities).

What if someone has to complete forms and documents in Cyrillic on their phone?

My device is Samsung A7 and I was honestly surprised to see that our official script is missing. 

Dragomir
Apprentice
Options

There's no excuse for omitting the Cyrillic keyboard for Serbia. In the first place, each country must have it's own official letter. This is a shame for Samsung. I don't want to use Gboard or some other third party software for Cyrillic.

StefanR22
First Poster
Options

It's really a problem back in years. It would be nice from you to add our native language keyboard, and I think that's not a big problem for your company. I use Samsung phones for years and am not planing to change that. The only problem is that keyboard and I don't want to use third party applications for Cyrillic keyboard. Thank you and I expect from you to solve this in 2020 as soon as possible.

MladenK
Apprentice
Options

Hi. Even iPhone offers Serbian cyrillic. I've been using Samsung for more than 10 years and this "problem" isn't new.

Area51GI
Apprentice
Options

Seriously... since S4 I was upgrading only to Samsung phones and trusted Samsung much more then Google for data backup (including keyboard data)... still not having Serbian Cyrillic in S9 on Android10 is so lame! I mean, this cannot be even one full day task for Samsung engineers/developers responsible for keyboard DB to implement!?