Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen

(Topic created on: 30-03-2019 06:04 PM)
g40
First Poster
Options

I bought my s9 on december. Last night my phone fell down from my hand and the screen was cracked a lot.  Since then the touchscreen is not responding. However the buttons still work (for example i still manage to restart by holding volume down and the power button) and the charger works fine. Has anyone encountered the same problem? I'm upset beacause at the first fall it is already not responding.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately if a phone falls and hits the floor this can cause outer damage and inner damage too @g40 

Sometimes a phone can fall and no damage occurs.

It all depends on the height of the fall and what it's falling on,  and what angle it hits the floor.

Protection such as a case or bumber case and screen protector can make the difference between minimal and no damage. 

I use a Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector on my Note 9 along with a dbrand black camo back skin.

For cases I use a Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper or Samsung Protective Stand Case.

As accidental damage is not covered by the manufacturer's warranty you would have to pay for a repair if you used a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre.

Or look at any House Contents Insurance and or some Bank Accounts provide mobile phone cover as a perk of the account.

T&C's and excess fees would apply.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes