Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock with a seconds

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 07:31 PM)
teteleмь
First Poster
Options

Hello!

I want to set the time display with seconds in the statusbar, and on a bare android it is possible, but in OneUi through SystemUI I can’t do this. Do I have the opportunity to recognize the seconds on my phone?

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@teteleмь: This isn't possible in the Status Bar, however you can set up your Lock Screen or Always On Display clock with a standard clock face featuring a ticking, second hand. Please go to Settings > Lock Screen > Clock Style and choose your preferred clock face. Apologies for any disappointment this may cause.
0 Likes
yhx
First Poster
Options

Argh. Why deprive your customers from such a fundamental and useful feature on powerful devices?

Please don't tell me that's just to get better scores on some battery benchmark...

Teligence
First Poster
Options

@yhx - agreed -  Talk about short-sighted developers!!!  While there are all kinds of apps to accommodate,  the ability to set seconds to display on ANY clock (digital, analog, binary, etc.)  should be an available function  without having to "root" the #&%! thing!!!

Samsung - I hope you're listening...

DavidY
Student
Options

Seconds on pull down of notification would be better than nothing.  It would let us see the clock with seconds and Date day.  Seconds on Lock screen tap on clock is TROUBLESOME and lasts only 10 seconds.  Other apps and widgets are not readily accessible or don't stay working and displaying where we need it.

This is such a frustrating problem I thought would exists only in the iOS world.

Reidob
First Poster
Options

This is not true for the S22 (and most likely other recent products). Seconds have disappeared.

0 Likes