Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Clear View Standing Cover : problems after booting the S9

(Topic created on: 25-10-2019 09:21 AM)
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

Sometimes, after a reboot, the opening and closing of the Clear View Cover isn't recognized by the S9.

When asked in the past Samsung suggested a factory reset, but that didn't help.

It is NOT a problem of the hardware, the hall-sensor works correctly ( tested with sensor test *#0*# ).

Some affected users have found the following workaround : press start button with cover being open, 5 sec after begin of startup close cover, keep closed while booting, some secs after sim-unlock-prompt the closed cover is recognized, from then on it works until to the next boot .

There are several topics, chats, etc for this issue - I would kindly ask Samsung to involve technical staff, do a proper root cause analysis and solve the problem.

Go to solution
23 REPLIES 23
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
memoconq
Journeyman
Options

None of the solutions in this post worked for me. My cover was malfunctioning after I had updated from Android 8 to 9 until now. Android 10 update fixed my issue just a few days ago.

0 Likes
MarianMdc
First Poster
Options

Hi,

After reboot, when the screen lights up, I press the volume keys and bixby key with cover close. Open and close the cover a couple of times and done. Works everytime for me.

0 Likes
Akramhasan
First Poster
Options

Currently I am facing the same issue, suddenly clear view cover not working, also hall sensor working fine.

what should I do??

0 Likes