Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change power saving mode erases my home screen apps

(Topic created on: 27-04-2019 12:00 AM)
Skw1107
First Poster
Options

Since the last update whenever I change my phone from max power saving mode to any other battery mode it loses the apps that were on my home screen.  I have all my apps sorted into folders (so sad I know) and it loses all of those settings too. It didn't do this prior to the last update or maybe I have changed a setting somewhere since that is causing it.  How do i stop this from happening?  

24 REPLIES 24
MMHE
Student
Options

Thanks for taking your time to share! It works!

I was struggeling as I dont want to organize again all my apps! 

You are great!

0 Likes
MMHE
Student
Options
Thanks for taking your time to share! It works!
I was struggeling as I dont want to organize again all my apps!
You are great!
0 Likes
mmccarthy
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem but phone reverted back to normal after switching back to the power mode i usually use (Optimised) then turned the phone off and back on and all folders and apps back to normal.

0 Likes
ChrisZhen
First Poster
Options

This happened to me recently

0 Likes
desisn_com
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem. I tried to start powersaving mode with 0% battery and my S8 turned off while it was going into powersaving mode. After restart the phone did not show the home screen and widgets correctly - there was just a black empty space and 4. The simple solution was to just reassign my launcher - Nova Launcher - in my case as the default. It had switched to One UI launcher during the powersaving mode switch.

0 Likes