Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant upgrade S9 - Refurbished phone CSC is XAA and using it in the UK

(Topic created on: 12-11-2020 11:45 AM)
Shippo2020
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have purchased a refurbished S9 from Amazon Marketplace which is all working well but unfortunately I have discovered that it is a grey import which would appear to have originated in the USA as it has a CSC code of XAA.  I discovered this following searches for reasons why my phone wont get Security Upgrades and is also still on Android 9.0.  I have seen other people getting help in installing replacement firmware to rectify similar problems and am hoping someone might be able to do the same for me?  I've inserted a screenshot of my software details below.

Thanks in advance for any support. 

S9 SW.jpg

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
LAZYSNIPER
Explorer
Options
try updating threw the software on pc or laptop
0 Likes
LAZYSNIPER
Explorer
Options
when u connect ur phone
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
You need to use Odin and download your country's firmware using a PC look on YouTube there's loads of step by step videos on how to do it
0 Likes
Shippo2020
First Poster
Options

Thanks but I just get the same message when I try to update via my PC - which is that the system is already up to date, which it clearly isn't.

0 Likes
Shippo2020
First Poster
Options

Thanks Craig.  I've seen others being given that advice so will look into it but am worried about not identifying the correct firmware and then messing up the phone.  I saw @CHMultimedia help someone with a similar query and he appeared to be able to clarify which firmware was required after looking at the software details from the phone in question.  I'll look on You Tube and see what I can find.

0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Sim free firmware in the UK is BTU so that's what you need
0 Likes
Shippo2020
First Poster
Options
Thanks Craig. when I search for firmware for my SM-G960U I don't get the option for BTU. That only seems available for model SM-G960F. Can I use firmware for model F on my model U without a problem? Many thanks.
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm not sure if you can because if yours is an American model it will be more then likely a Snapdragon model compared to the UK Exynos
0 Likes