Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls not interrupting apps such as spotify

(Topic created on: 09-09-2019 08:51 PM)
Ana36
First Poster
Options

I've just realised that I've been missing calls. It appears that when I have music playing, if my phone is on silent or vibrate, the call won't interrupt the music and will just show up on screen. This isn't great as I'm not always looking at my phone when I'm playing music, so I'm missing calls. I could put my phone on loud, but don't always remember to do this. I've only noticed this happening recently

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@Ana36: If you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, is the phone set to 'Sound' so the speaker symbol is visible and highlighted? Similarly if you go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, is your ringtone volume at a suitable level? As a troubleshooting step you could try opening the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Show Calls in Pop-Up > Off, to see if this helps.
0 Likes
Ana36
First Poster
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Ana36: If you swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, is the phone set to 'Sound' so the speaker symbol is visible and highlighted? Similarly if you go to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Volume, is your ringtone volume at a suitable level? As a troubleshooting step you could try opening the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Show Calls in Pop-Up > Off, to see if this helps.

Hello, thanks for the message. When my ringtone is on, it does interrupt the music. However, if my phone is on silent or vibrate, it doesn't interrupt the music. This is a recent change as I wasn't missing calls before. I've also tried pressing the three dots and updating my settings, it hasn't worked unfortunately. 

0 Likes
TenaciousLee
First Poster
Options
Ana36 did you ever figure this out??
0 Likes
Ana36
First Poster
Options
No, I never worked it out, but it eventually just started working again
0 Likes