Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Call recorder

(Topic created on: 26/03/18 11:40)
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm on a different thread with over 30K plus people using call recording apps (I use ACR Pro) and I can no longer hear the caller only my voice, inbound and outbound calls. 

I had the S8 plus which worked perfectly so what has Samsung done to permissions on the S9 plus which I'm now using, speaking with others it has also affected the S9.

It was very quick for Samsung customer service (UK) to put blame on the app developer but this isn't an issue with the app it's the phone.

Can someone from Samsung please tell me if this can be fixed or the S9 plus is useless to me and approximately 1.5 million other ACR users using Samsung's S9 devices.

For me the facility to record is paramount, it's not an issue with the latest version of Oreo as it works on other handsets.

Samsung what have you done ?

648 REPLIES 648
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It's official Samsung have blocked all call recording apps. If you want to be able to use a recording app change your phone.

Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

thanks for your information im sad 😕

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Sorry for the bad news, were both sad and so are over 1.5 million Samsung customers who are affected that use the ACR app I don't have the figures for any other recording app.

shady2
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

furious.. why there is no official response from Samsung ?!?!? :@ 

@Ryan23
:manfrustrated:

Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Totally agree, I use the app and rely on it heavily. I'm a big fan and take a new phone as soon as I can get hold if one. After receiving the phone and finding out it didn't work it took 3 weeks of digging to get to this point and Samsung customer service won't tell you a thing. It's very frustrating and now looking for a new phone.

bananata2000
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Boldbeast recorder works 100 %
0 Likes
stonoga
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I have  S9+ , today I downloaded ACR version free and I have full recording, both me and my party are recorded.

0 Likes
AndroidGuru
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yea, great. ACS seems to work on my both S9+ too.

0 Likes
AntS
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi all.

We've escalated this to get an official answer for you, and will update you as and when we can. 

Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thanks for commenting can you try and ask this as a question for all of us who can't use this incredibly important feature,

Why if you buy your phone in Hong Kong or North America which is using the Snapdragon software and call recording is unaffected however the rest of us who have purchased either the S9 or S9 plus have the version Exynos which is affected ?

The only thing anyone can do that want to use this feature is not buy a Samsung device and get rid of there old ones as Samsung is set to role out updates to all models and block previous models.

0 Likes
Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi I think in UK is a legally to recording calls ACT -> RIPA 2000 (Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000).  

So samsung fu....k all users should sale snapdragon in the United Kingdom not exynos 

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yes their is NO LAW that prevents users in the United Kingdom using a call recording device thus Samsung have no reason to stop this feature working for it's many users.

I know it's really frustrating but we need to keep it polite the more people that can be made aware of this issue the better so no one goes ahead and buys either the S9 or S9 plus.

I've spoken with users of the Samsung phone from many different Countries that have purchased these phones and contacted Samsung support about this issue with no response other than were look into it.

My advice at this present moment in time do not get yourself tied into a contract with the new phones or purchase one. 

Samsung are due to release a new update and as far as I'm aware if you update an older device you will also loose the feature to record phone conversations. So DON'T update your phones.

Goodole1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

FYI: Android (Google) tells the phone manufacturers what they can do and not do. As of the PIE update Android says no recording apps allowed in the USA. It appears a hard nosed view was taken and Samsung took it on themselves to make it ALL nations. Not only that, the new update in the USA has messed with the alerts with most banking institutions. I'm stuck with what Android did and a gs9+ when I should've stayed with the gs7 which won't  get the update. I've spent two days with my carrier and the bank with no luck. IT'S THE PIE UPDATE, now I'm  stuck having to check my email every day to see what transactions happened. Yes that part of the app works on the banking apps. It was a bad last minute decision to stay with Android. I had the iPhone in my hand but I was with Samsung since the S3 and upgraded ever year except the S8. So now I've got to sell this and go to the iPhone. 

Goodole1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Ryan23 FYI: Android (Google) tells the phone manufacturers what they can do and not do. As of the PIE update Android says no recording apps allowed in the USA. It appears a hard nosed view was taken and Samsung took it on themselves to make it ALL nations. Not only that, the new update in the USA has messed with the alerts with most banking institutions. I'm stuck with what Android did and a gs9+ when I should've stayed with the gs7 which won't  get the update. I've spent two days with my carrier and the bank with no luck. IT'S THE PIE UPDATE, now I'm  stuck having to check my email every day to see what transactions happened. Yes that part of the app works on the banking apps. It was a bad last minute decision to stay with Android. I had the iPhone in my hand but I was with Samsung since the S3 and upgraded ever year except the S8. So now I've got to sell this and go to the iPhone. One last thing, they will force that update whether you want it or not.

Crock
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

@Goodole1 wrote:

So now I've got to sell this and go to the iPhone. 

IMO I reckon you'll regret that, if you think samsung are restrictive - apple are way worse, can't find many ios call recorders and they seem to so it by redirecting your call through a different number and record that, and you have to pay a hefty subscription - seems dangerous to me.

0 Likes
Taiji2078
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This weekend I will abandon Android 9 PIE and switch back to Android 8. If I cannot go back to the official ROM, I'll use a custom one from XDA.

If you're using any banking apps and you're rooting your phone, just don't. None of your banking apps will work anymore.

It's true that Apple isn't supporting call recording either, so switching to iPhone isn't an option.

Huawei also isn't supporting it.

You actually must buy strange chinese phones if you wanna have full call recording support ... those chinese manufacturers aren't giving a sh about laws and privacy so you can do whatever you want ... keep in mind that you won't have any updates at all and your security will be 0.

As it is for now, I'd rather keep my S9+ for the quality of the design & components.

The EU variant with Exynos of the S10+ has BIG battery issues whan placing WhatsApp and FB calls, NO custom ROMs yet that are allowing call recording, so I don't even consider upgrading my S9+.

0 Likes
Goodole1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm taking my 9+ back today, PIE does not support banking activaities. Alis short code text. I hate to do it by iPhone does so that's will be my next phone. I've been with Samsung since the S3. They finally drove me nuts. The 9+ is a joke, not usere freindly AT ALL.

0 Likes
Goodole1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

It's not the just call recorder, PIE update won't allow banking transactions. I already took back my New 9+ and instead of buying an iPhone, I reactivated my S7 for now until the dust settles. 

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Yep mentioned in previous threads! 

Thanks for sharing your experiance 

0 Likes
Boselecta
Observer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Doesnt work on new s10 either.
Yet works fine on a friends galaxy note9
0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Should work perfectly, we’ve had lots of S10 users report it works. Did you use a new SIM card or a used one?
How old is the phone? Is it networked locked ?
0 Likes