Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Call recorder

(Topic created on: 01/06/19 23:57)
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I'm on a different thread with over 30K plus people using call recording apps (I use ACR Pro) and I can no longer hear the caller only my voice, inbound and outbound calls. 

I had the S8 plus which worked perfectly so what has Samsung done to permissions on the S9 plus which I'm now using, speaking with others it has also affected the S9.

It was very quick for Samsung customer service (UK) to put blame on the app developer but this isn't an issue with the app it's the phone.

Can someone from Samsung please tell me if this can be fixed or the S9 plus is useless to me and approximately 1.5 million other ACR users using Samsung's S9 devices.

For me the facility to record is paramount, it's not an issue with the latest version of Oreo as it works on other handsets.

Samsung what have you done ?

648 REPLIES 648
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Did you do a factory reset with NO SIM card in the phone and then put the THAI SIM card in the phone before you turn it back on ?

Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

i put thai sim card and after that I make factory reset

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You need to do a factory reset without that SIM card and put it in after the reset. Then turn it on 

Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

ok i try now thank you :smiling-face: and after that i'll inform you :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Ok, good luck!
Grzegorz79
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

so my card whatt i buy this caard not working phone show me problem with  MMI i check also on my girlfriend device s9 same problem MMI
maybe i need activate this card but i dont know how

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
It comes pre-activated, what may have happened when you first put the sim in your phone before the reset it may have locked the sim (not sure on that 100%) however it has worked on my S8+ and S9+
Maybe order another one but follow my instruction do not put it in the phone until you have done a master rest on it.
When I did mine the first thing I sore was a different language so I had to select English and it worked from there. I hope you can get it sorted.
Celone
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hey, just wanted to let you know that Ryan's suggestion with the Thai SIM card worked for me as well. Thanks Ryan! 

Steps:

1. Use Samsung backup + manually backup your pictures as all data will be erased. 

2. Remove all sim cards (I have the dual sim variant of the S9)

3. Factory reset

4. Turn off the phone. 

5. Insert Thai sim card.

6. Turn the phone on.

7. Thai language should be preselected. Choose your language.

8. Allow new sim cards settings. This will restart your phone.

9. Go through the phone setup process.

10. Enjoy native call recording :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
KopjeKoffie
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Whats your csc country specific code now after using the Thai sim? Open Settings> About phone> Software information and scroll to Service provider SW Ver. tab. You’ll find the CSC of your device right after your device model number in the first line. 

https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-change-csc-in-samsung-galaxy-phones/

I wonder if we can do the same trick but without a factory reset or without having a SIM card from Thailand. 

Please post your Service Provider SW version if you want.

0 Likes
Celone
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Screenshot_20190601-161102_Settings.jpg

Took a Screenshot. Hope I can share Screenshots on this forum... 

Hope this helps you guys. 

Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Awesome celone glad it worked for you 😊
Caffrey
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I got my sim. I have to wait till I get my phone unlocked. Can you tell what is the best call recording app to download before I try the sim. From Ireland 

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

You don't download any apps as they won't work, Samsung have their own built in call recorder and it's actually really good.

Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Just make sure you follow these steps

To enable call recording on your Samsung follow these steps

1. Buy a pre paid Thailand sim card

2. Wait for it to arrive

3. Backup your phone

4. Take your sim card out

5. Factory reset your phone

6. Install the Thai sim

7. When your phone starts select your language (it will be default in Thai)

8. Go through the setup using wifi (the sim won't work data unless your actually in Thailand)

9. Take the Thai sim out turn the phone off put your sim card (that you would normally use)

10.  Turn the phone on restore your phone 

11. Go to your dial pad click on the top right 3 dots and select settings

12. Select call recorder (Samsung's own built in call recorder)

Enjoy!

Caffrey
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Nice one. I'll give it shot when I get my phone unlocked. If it does work for me when I do try it. Well thanks and I'll update you when I know if it does work.

0 Likes
MarcelNL
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi Ryan,

Is the phone supposed to be switched off while performing step 4 and/or step 6?

I just ordered my Thai SIM through eBay. Hopefully this will work for my S10. 

Thanks, Marcel

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi Marcel

Step 4 leave the phone on and carry out the reset

and step 6 put the SIM card in when the phone is offl, I hope that helps.

Is your S10 locked to a network?

Kind regards 

Ryan 😊

0 Likes
MarcelNL
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Hi Ryan,

My S10 is not locked to a network, so it should accept all SIM cards.

Just to make sure I understand the sequence right :thinking-face: Normally when you perform a factory reset, the phone will reboot itself and then shows the set-up screen (language, wifi, etc.). Do you turn of the phone while you are in that set-up screen? Does the set-up screen comes up again when you turn the phone on again with then the SIM card inserted?

Regards, Marcel

Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Ok that’s great and sorry I wasn’t specific it is really important you need to put the SIM card in whist the reset is taking place otherwise it loads the same software, when it starts the language screen will load as normal and if successful it should be in Thai language just click on the select arrow and pick your preferred language 😊 I hope that helps 

0 Likes
MarcelNL
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

Thanks! :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

I will post an update once I have received the SIM card. I ordered it through eBay so it might take some weeks to arrive.

0 Likes
Ryan23
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Cool thanks and good luck (mine took two weeks)
0 Likes