Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call and Message Continuity future device support

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 02:50 PM)
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options

So Samsung released a video recently highlighting a 'new' feature for the Tab S5e and S10. Receive calls and messages on your tablet from your phone. 

Reminiscent of SideSync, I want this on my S9+ and Tab S4. There's no reason it shouldn't be! 

Thankfully it is available on my Tab S4 but still not on my S9+ so I can't use it. Anyone know if/when this feature is coming to other devices? 

44 REPLIES 44
AndrewL
Options
@Eltas: At the moment, Call and Message Continuity is only possible on the following mobile devices.

- Galaxy A70, Galaxy A50, Galaxy A30, and Galaxy A20
- Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10 5G

At the moment there's no news about this feature coming to other devices, however this may change in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
Can you keep this list updated. Its an important feature for loyal Samsung users!
Reginard
Pathfinder
Options

If you're REALLY KEEN to have this facility, there is an apk available at

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/call-message-continuity/call-message-contin...

Your decision whether to try this or wait (and wait and wait) for the official version

0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
I did try this already lol, unfortunately it does not install. I think it's for phones on android 9.1 or OneUI version 1.1
Burgerbry
First Poster
Options

Hi is call and message continuity available on Galaxy A40 as this is relatively new model .

0 Likes
Eltas
Pathfinder
Options
I'm assuming it's android 9.0 Pie with OneUI v1. 1?
0 Likes
Chef_Ramsay
First Poster
Options

It would be great if this feature could be brought to the Note 9 as well.  I can see the service installed on mine (UK unlocked, Android 9 / One UI 1.0 / June 2019 security patch) but it is presumably disabled.  I have a Tab S5e and look forward to being able to make use of this feature.

mirudo24
Samsung Members Star ★★★
Options

@Eltas@Chef_Ramsay, good news! Together with July update Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ phones will receive Call & Message Continuity function. Unfortunately Note9 users have to wait for next update. I hope that August update will bring this function also to Note9.

In the near future this function will be also available for Galaxy S8, S8+, Note8 and Galaxy Tab S5e LTE variant.

nathanjdias
First Poster
Options

Hey. I have a Galaxy S9+ running the Indian software and I received the update for call and message continuity along with the July security patch.Screenshot_20190731-220324_Software update.jpg