Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bring back the individual text tones and notifications on S9

(Topic created on: 20-10-2018 11:13 AM)
Tina22
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I am somewhat regretting getting the S9 because I can't complete the simple task of setting individual text tones for my contacts. I also hate that it sounds like I have a text when an email comes in or any other notification that isn't a text since apparently separate apps aren't allowed to have different notification sounds. Please, just put it back to how you had it before Samsung!

181 REPLIES 181
AngelaA
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
For crying out loud. This happened not long after I bought this S8. I wouldn't have bought it if I'd known. I need to know which person texts come from and sometimes it really is life or death.
0 Likes
AngelaA
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

How true!

We  switched from Apple 6 to Samsung Galaxy S8.

For crying out loud. This happened not long after we bought S8. I wouldn't have bought them  if I'd known. I need to know which person texts come from and sometimes it really is life or death.

0 Likes
Kyndrad77
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

They brought it back,  and yesterday I got a new update and they took it away again.  I don't understand why they do ***** like this. Why can't you do an update without screwing up simple things like message ringtones?

0 Likes
BoostAbuse
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

This is bull*****, been waiting for almost a year and still nothing. I just did the latest update 10 mins ago and still nothing. I'm getting really tired of this company....

0 Likes
MagzOK
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

After owning Samsung phones for over five years, I've finally left them for the new Sony Xperia premium. Love it! I just got so tired of all the Samsung shinanegans. 

0 Likes
Jonlas
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series

I agree I don't like havimg the same sound for all  notifications. I want separate tones for emails, games, even contacts

Jimbonbr2
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
Ditto!!!
0 Likes
LeRoy_Cletus
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
EXACTLY! ^^^
0 Likes
Busybass
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S9 Series
I called Samsung today, as I just bought my S9+ on the weekend, and they told me it is an Android update to the operating system NOT Samsung. Everyone needs to complain to Google and request it be changed back.
I totally agree....my S7 had this feature, but now my new phone doesn't - definite downgrade!!!
0 Likes